World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided on the arm rather than possibly have to wrestle any of the weed that is left washing up on the beaches.

Set up around five a.m? a bit later than originally planned and put a rod out either side with the weed not being a problem at all.

I was rewarded with a small bass to lug and that was it.(on the inside)

There were a few chaps floating (not literally) on the inside and saw one get a couple of mackerel,some youth at the end looked like they were bringing a few things over the wall along with running around throwing things about and loking like they were generally making a mess with rubbish etc.

Also met fellow forum member RedLionDave...(Graham or could be Graeme?)

Sound bloke and was good chatting to him whilst waiting for a bite etc.
Graham had two Sole while i was there,maybe more after id left?

Well done again mate on getting one of your target species ticked off the list.

Thinking now of where to go tomorrow morning or maybe tonight,
read a few reports on some Bass around and really want to get one,doesnt have to be massive as long as it will feed my girlfriend,son and myself i would be happy.4-5lb would do.

Bye for now :bye1:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive sent you a p.m roger.

Was a pleasant morning down there,glad i got out,shame i didnt catch much but hey i never expect to catch lots when i go so anything is a bonus,would like something bigger to take home again soon though.

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,039 Posts
good effort on the early rising, i'll be around that way 2moz nite..... was that black or fresh outs??

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Freshouts i got on wednesday,have had to buy some today!!! as i havent had chance to dig again since then.

Had two bass around the same size this week now,must be something bigger there!

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,039 Posts
i could't get any 2day as went late hadn't booked and they were gone! got to make do with blacks and squid for 2moz nite (wish me luck i'll need it!?!)

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Plenty of small (although some are in size) sole on the inside.....just got back....knackered!! Round about the first bin will do you.....and they love king rag, nailed to the sea bed.....Report later!! :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: needed.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Plenty of small (although some are in size) sole on the inside.....just got back....knackered!! Round about the first bin will do you.....and they love king rag, nailed to the sea bed.....Report later!! :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: needed.
would that be with fishyrob.s trace:whistling

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Have you phoned Henry yet ? :spiteful:

·
1,603 Posts
would that be with fishyrob.s trace:whistling
Yes and no! I was using an original version that was born out of a phone call between the two of us (I think we both had much the same idea at much the same time); Robin has now, of course, being Robin, developed the original idea and created a newer, neater and excellent updated version. :secret::secret:

·
1,603 Posts
Have you phoned Henry yet ? :spiteful:
For such a pleasant and easy going chap Steve.......you do have a bit of an evil streak!!! lol.

I don't seem to be able to get that old git out fishing......but I will keep trying! :wacko:

·
Registered
491 Posts
It was a pleasure to meet you also Phil. I finished with the two slips, a makkie and a schoolie. I went out Sunday AM and used the mackerel and a bit of red I had left over on the float inside the harbour. Not a bite. Couple of chaps fishing very lightly for smelt ( size 16 hooks ) then live baiting them, I heard one guy had two to about 3.5llb using this method (saw one come up in a net). Cast of 1000s down their this morning, apart from the bass & smelt only saw a bream, 2 small GGs, and a couple of schoolies. Weed not to bad on the inside. See yer again Phil. RLD

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I nearly did the same and float fished on the insde but opted for a first ever session on southwick beach this morning,there for 4:30 left at 8..blank.

But a really nice place to fish so will be back there again.
Got itchy feet now,boy in bed,g/friend busy,may just have to pop out for a few hours if i can and use up my lug and frozen mack.

See you again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts