World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fish Shoreham Beach opposite Winterton way,Due to missing the Doverbreakwater trip because the Mrs was in hospital,so i needed to get my fix somewhere.

Arrived at nine PMish and set up camp for the night. I lobbed my first baited three hook clipped down flapper about 130 YDS or so, baited with peeler, black lug,& Red rag. As I was setting up my second rod there was a slight knock on the other one, so I stopped what I was doing and struck and retreived which resulted in a small Bass about 1lb or so that fell to black lug.

This went on most the Night with both rods at varried Distance's, until 1.20 am when one of the rods went mad, then was pulled from my tripod,
I grabbed it wound down and struck, what ever it was it was going crazy,this battle went on for abount ten mins,then managed land it safely.
It turned out to be a comman smoothy which was weighed an releaced, 8lb 3oz this also fell to black lug.(strange I thought to myself). Not a thing touched the peeler all night.

It went quiet after that so decided to call it a night,on my last retrieve I also caught a small Sole of about 18cm,this fell to the redrag.
so an eventfull night 7xBass,1xSmoothy & a tiny Sole.Not even a sniff on the peeler. Im awaiting an email from my brother with the photos once i get them I will post them here.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Decided to fish Shoreham Beach opposite Winterton way,Due to missing the Doverbreakwater trip because the Mrs was in hospital,so i needed to get my fix somewhere.

Arrived at nine PMish and set up camp for the night. I lobbed my first baited three hook clipped down flapper about 130 YDS or so, baited with peeler, black lug,& Red rag. As I was setting up my second rod there was a slight knock on the other one, so I stopped what I was doing and struck and retreived which resulted in a small Bass about 1lb or so that fell to black lug.

This went on most the Night with both rods at varried Distance's, until 1.20 am when one of the rods went mad, then was pulled from my tripod,
I grabbed it wound down and struck, what ever it was it was going crazy,this battle went on for abount ten mins,then managed land it safely.
It turned out to be a comman smoothy which was weighed an releaced, 8lb 3oz this also fell to black lug.(strange I thought to myself). Not a thing touched the peeler all night.

It went quiet after that so decided to call it a night,on my last retrieve I also caught a small Sole of about 18cm,this fell to the redrag.
so an eventfull night 7xBass,1xSmoothy & a tiny Sole.Not even a sniff on the peeler. Im awaiting an email from my brother with the photos once i get them I will post them here.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
nice one chaz good to see you amongst the fish:clap:

dont you just love good old black lug:blink:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Well done Chaz...i knew widewater would start to produce this week , hence the planed trip on tuesday....nice to see the hounds moving east ...had some off the arm last week but only up to 4lb...boads well for tuesday.....pop down if your free....hope the Mrs is ok

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Sounds like you need to get off the PC and give her some TLC.....if you wanna get out tuesday that is lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts