World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished shoreham beach on saturday afternoon by he roundabout closest to the arm

got there about 45 mins before high tide due to work, and had 3 schoolies and a flounder in first four casts,Then as high water came i didnt have anything for about an hour or so.

Was thinking about packing up and heading to the arm to try and catch a mullet on the inside, but checked my bait situation and realised only had 4or 5 casts left so decided to stick it out.

Next cast produced the first sizeable fish,a flounder of 24cm, covered in sea lice.

penultimate chuck produced a double shot of a schoolie and biggest flounder of 28cm.
And finaly last chuck had a clonking bite, but decided to let it keep knocking whie i packed everything up,reeled in to discover a welcome double shot of gurnards, with one of them going a nice 41 cms. ifi can lfigure out how to load my phone onto computer i will post photos, as forgot camera!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
very nice session, a tad jealous, tried worthing pier myself today. funny enough the kid next to me had a nice gurnard, and an eel pushing 2lb, i managed one small eel. so nice work there.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
size limit for flounder i thought was 25cm?? hmmmm:bangin:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
thank god for that thought id been putting back sizable fish lol

do u know of any matches soon hot wad?

just got back from barbados so im abit out of touch

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
thank god for that thought id been putting back sizable fish lol

do u know of any matches soon hot wad?

Nothing on the immediate radar (apart from tonights sole match at Eastbourne that started at 8pm....did not hear about it in time though)

EP at tide mills mid August.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
ok thanks mate see u at ep maybe or the isac match in september

·
Registered
192 Posts
Flash git, most of us can only just pay for a holiday in Eastbourne !!
Which bank did u rob ??:busted_co

Anyway judging by ur last ISAC result looks like you could do with the practise !!

I believe there is another sole match at Eastbourne in 2 weeks time.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Flash git, most of us can only just pay for a holiday in Eastbourne !!
Which bank did u rob ??:busted_co

Anyway judging by ur last ISAC result looks like you could do with the practise !!

I believe there is another sole match at Eastbourne in 2 weeks time.
Apparently the next Sole only match is on the 30th of August (could be wrong though as that comes from Bondy).

:secret: The 2 Worthing anglers that made the journey across the border were zipped up in bodybags at the end of last nights match :black_eye....some nice soles were caught.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts