World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Church of the good shepherd today, absolutely plagued with channel whiting... The worst I've had it actually... Managed 2 flounders amongst them, no plaice but water pretty muddy.
In hindsight I wish I'd fished further east as the water looked cleaner that end, probably as deeper towards the arm. I used blow lug, fresh blacks 2 hook flapper and 1 hook up n over clipped.
It's been a beauty of a day over there, the only thing that spoilt it was the amount of rubbish previous fisherman had left... Bait papers, cans etc... While I'm on this point I also fished the East Arm last weekend and could not believe the rubbish up there, some people had bagged there rubbish admittedly but then tied said bags to the handrails and life rings.....?
Obviously to lazy to take it with them and put in the 3 or more bins that they pass on the way back.
Unbelievable really.... I was once told "There are fisherman and there are Anglers" this is so true and the people that leave all their rubbish behind for someone else to clear up are not "Anglers" that's for sure...!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Thanks for the report and at least you caught some-thing flat
Was weed much of a problem today?
I totally agree regarding the rubbish, it's shamefull what some people do,

Tony

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tony, there was definately a fair bit of weed on the surface but posed no problem at all.
It came through in rafts so was fairly easy to avoid if I spotted it in time.
None at all on the bottom, rigs came back weed free every time...!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Cheers Keith if work allows, I am planning a session on Sunday

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, good luck for Sunday ... Weather looking pretty good I think, bit of a day breeze but nothing to bad...!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a small van... Maybe we can arrange a clean up sometime soon.
I'd happily do it for just the diesel money...
It is disgusting how some people just leave they're crap all over the place. I suppose the impetus to take rubbish home is somewhat dissipated when they see all the rubbish recently washed onto the shoreline from boats during the storms...
We are a terrible plague on this planet.
But, we can do something about it...
Im sure if we all took a bit away each time it wouldnt take long and once clean it mostly stays clean.
Anyway, if you want to arrange a clean up, ill be there with my van.
X

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a good idea, I cleaned up the rubbish there today... Filled a bag and my bucket with rubbish directly linked to fisherman... It cost me about 40 steps out of my way to find the bin...!
Shame really that some let us all down but I guess that's how it is..! They are probably the same people who let their dogs foul all over the place and not clean up after them... Or do pick up then throw it bagged in the bushes/to the ground,Can't get my head around that one...!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now ya tell me ;-) sounds like you had a good day , especially with the plaice... Good on ya.
I was hoping i might see 1 or 2 today but wasn't to be ...!! Good to know they are about though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts