World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to come down to Shoreham from Horsham and fish on Sunday but looking at the forecast it looks like a no no.

What do the Shoreham locals think? Is there still lots of weed?

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
just come back from a walk along the beach lancing - shoreham. it doesn't look good i'm afraid. lots of weed on the beach in the water and some huge rafts 100-150yds out. i was going to go friday but not sure now

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Dont even bother unless the wind drops below a force 4 for few days.Weed is bad but the fish are there.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys if the weed improves please could you post here for me.

If the beach is unfishable am I likely to get weeded out float fishing the the harbour side of the west arm? If I do try the harbour what species of fish come to the float? Presume mackeral strip and ragworm are ok as bait?

Thanks
Tony:help:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Cheers guys if the weed improves please could you post here for me.

If the beach is unfishable am I likely to get weeded out float fishing the the harbour side of the west arm? If I do try the harbour what species of fish come to the float? Presume mackeral strip and ragworm are ok as bait?

Thanks
Tony:help:
hi tony,
if you were to float fish the west arm....mackie strip will catch
you mackeral at about 12ft or more deep and if you come up in
the water to about 3 to 4ft you will get the garfish!
at the end of the day gut your mackie and gar and throw 20ft out
from the edge and the mullet should come in on it!....shorten your
hook length down to about 18" and use a bit of mackie flesh..

good luck mate

mr puddles......:wheelchai

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Mr Puddles, Will give this a go Sunday if a) The beaches are unfishable due to weed (100% certain I think) and b) If it is'nt pishing down with a force 7

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Cheers Mr Puddles, Will give this a go Sunday if a) The beaches are unfishable due to weed (100% certain I think) and b) If it is'nt pishing down with a force 7
I would go Saturday if you can Sunday could be a tad rough with heavy rain forecast.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep I've seen the forecast but can only go Sunday due to Rugby World Cup (England first game) and promises to help the missus as I planned to go fishing Sunday :wallbash:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it looks like the weather forecast has changed and Sunday should be a nice day. The only issue now is what is the weed situation?

Please could the Shoreham guys let me know?

Thanks in advance

Tony

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well it looks like the weather forecast has changed and Sunday should be a nice day. The only issue now is what is the weed situation?

Please could the Shoreham guys let me know?

Thanks in advance

Tony
Hi weed on the outside wall is a problem unless you can get down the end few people fishing the outside wall last night and had a few fish out , The inside wall is ok once the tide picks up it pushing most the weed down the channel.

best bet is to use a plan lead will reduce the amount of weed.

hope this helps

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Mike will give it a go tomorrow, few options in fishing the arm.
Out-side if weed if clearing.
In-side if not.
Float fishing if inside is weeded out, might get a suicidal gg

Better go and order some bait now.

Tony

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Water will be too dirty for float and if you want a goldie then stay down the bottom end and fish inside the harbour opposite the wooden arm.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the tip Jay.
Will decide on what I will do when I get there, as I said earlier the arm offers different options if conditions don't allow fishing the outside, which I would perfer.

Tony

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bait ordered - check
Car fueled - check
Sarnie makings purchased - check
Pink pass granted - check

So all systems go for tomorrow, first time sea fishing in 5 years, and I am really looking forward to it.

So if you see a confused struggling big guy with a Crawley FC hat on come over and say hello.

I will post a report of fish or otherwise tomorrow evening.

Tight lines
Tony

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Bait ordered - check
Car fueled - check
Sarnie makings purchased - check
Pink pass granted - check

So all systems go for tomorrow, first time sea fishing in 5 years, and I am really looking forward to it.

So if you see a confused struggling big guy with a Crawley FC hat on come over and say hello.

I will post a report of fish or otherwise tomorrow evening.

Tight lines
Tony
Dont think you will be wearing that hat after todays result oops sorry lol

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dont think you will be wearing that hat after todays result oops sorry lol
After supporting them for 48 years, I've seen us lose by more than 6 - 0. I remember a right 9 - 0 tonking when the original Wimbledon played us in our Southern League days.

I hope the football does'nt reflect the fishing tomorrow.

:headhurt:

·
Registered
43 Posts
just got back from the east arm. weed was not a problem for me but there is a ton of it washed up from the last high tide waiting to be sweeped back on the next tide.there where large amounts floating just of the end of the arms.spoke to the harbour masters at the start of the arm. he said it was going to be rough for the next few days(gale force 8).take care when entering the arm if its blowing a gale from flying pebbles. good luck jim.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
just got back from the east arm. weed was not a problem for me but there is a ton of it washed up from the last high tide waiting to be sweeped back on the next tide.there where large amounts floating just of the end of the arms.spoke to the harbour masters at the start of the arm. he said it was going to be rough for the next few days(gale force 8).take care when entering the arm if its blowing a gale from flying pebbles. good luck jim.
Harbour masters on the west arm but you said you were on east????? You must have been on the west as the pebbles come over by the block.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers Jim, will take care.

Much come our tonight?

Tony

1 - 20 of 32 Posts