World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the manic night at ferring on tuesday i thought a little more relaxed fishing was called for , so i trundled off to the west arm . Having not fished the arm for years i was suprised how busy it was . Set up in a space about 50yds from the end , i was hoping for sole but did not feel confident because of the quality of my bait [ frozen blacks and king rag ] the bloke to my left had 2 very small slips and a reasonable flounder as i was setting up . Fished from 9-1am with light tackle and had fun with 3 small bream a plaice a gurnard and a horsey. Oh and if you must use a bell please please please take it off when you wind in, it was driving me mad tought iwas qausimodo . FRANK

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Nice report,chucklin about the bells.
Unfortunately i had to use a bell on one of my rods last night as i only had one tip light but i always take it off when reeling in as it would wind me up let alone other people.
I heard the bell too rattling when retrieving too as i was on the arm but right at the start before even the first bin as thats the only place i could get when i arrived at 8:30.

I had a red mullet,a weaver and a very good sized (keeper) sole on Rag!
I was going to go to ferring for my first hound but didnt fancy the 'madness' of it all,i like a bit of space when fishing.

Sounds like you had fun with the light gear too.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I was going to go to ferring for my first hound but didnt fancy the 'madness' of it all,i like a bit of space when fishing.
Wasn't packed at all where I was fishing last night Phil, saw everyone packed in like sardines down Ferring and laughed!

Will probably be heading out tonight for another last bash, my offer of 'Babysitting' still stands if you want to tag along?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice report,chucklin about the bells.
Unfortunately i had to use a bell on one of my rods last night as i only had one tip light but i always take it off when reeling in as it would wind me up let alone other people.
I heard the bell too rattling when retrieving too as i was on the arm but right at the start before even the first bin as thats the only place i could get when i arrived at 8:30.

I had a red mullet,a weaver and a very good sized (keeper) sole on Rag!

Sounds like you had fun with the light gear too.
Ferring is ok for space as long as you only have 2 to a beach otherwise with the weed ,tide and fish running its total mayhem .frank

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Wasn't packed at all where I was fishing last night Phil, saw everyone packed in like sardines down Ferring and laughed!

Will probably be heading out tonight for another last bash, my offer of 'Babysitting' still stands if you want to tag along?
Will see you there if I can get sanction from my supreme leader!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Did that bell have the same ring as yours and you kept thinking you had a bite? Have you had enough fishing yet? I DONT WANT YOU GETTING FISHED OUT. I need you to fish the next match at tidemills for some revenge. How low have i stooped? i use to want to win matches. Now im happy if i can beat a goon like you. so so sad:wallbash::wallbash: What colour circles am i seeing now

·
Registered
649 Posts
Did that bell have the same ring as yours and you kept thinking you had a bite? Have you had enough fishing yet? I DONT WANT YOU GETTING FISHED OUT. I need you to fish the next match at tidemills for some revenge. How low have i stooped? i use to want to win matches. Now im happy if i can beat a goon like you. so so sad:wallbash::wallbash: What colour circles am i seeing now
Oh dear! looks like I will have to hide all the forks in the cottages, don't want a Frank coming back with puncture wounds on his hand.
How come all the fishing Gaz, your other half away?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Oh dear! looks like I will have to hide all the forks in the cottages, don't want a Frank coming back with puncture wounds on his hand.
Dont worry about him he is quite safe, BUT if he beats me again i will be in to self harming. have got peat will be sharing it out soon. 6 weeks time should be near cork:clap:

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi Franks and Andy
Glad to see you lads are taking an intrest.....thought it was only us cumbrians that were getting excited about Ireland..39 days

will try and stay awake at presentation this year seeming as how andys a bit of a happy snappper

Steve

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dont know she just wants me out of the house lol . Went to selsey last night had another 8-9 hounds ,that is defo it for me now just gonna be rig tying for the next couple of weeks . FRANK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts