World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the arm with little Bailey about an hour ago and had some sprats to micro feathers so far so that's my target of 21 species sorted... seen whiting and a Plaice so far to... pretty busy and a lovely day to be out

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Hi Salty, Lucky you being out fishing today. Can't get down to Shoreham for a couple of weeks.
Hope the new baby is doing well.

Tony

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Got to the arm with little Bailey about an hour ago and had some sprats to micro feathers so far so that's my target of 21 species sorted... seen whiting and a Plaice so far to... pretty busy and a lovely day to be out
What a great day to be out,don't think mine would be so understanding if I take the babies fishing for a day,does anyone know If a 4 month and 2 year old have to pay for there rods,lol:roll1:

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas.... plenty of sprats and a few flounders and whiting... Baileys saved his blank by landing a bullhead, at 5 years old the boys a natural.. casting and baiting up himself with a bit of supervision he's caught more than most on here with that Bullhead, might put him in for some matches!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hope them flounders make there way up the adur fir next Sunday's match,good too see kids with more intrest in things other then xbox or playstation,

·
Registered
491 Posts
Don't want to start anything off but could that sprat be a herring. They look identical to me yet herrings are more prevalent around here this time of year than sprats, arn't they?

Love to know how to tell the difference.

You are ahead of me by one species, though I will argue the squid as a fish, lol. I am loosing to my annual nemesis, fishbone who is thrashing me again this year with a current 29 species, and tony day has also come from behind now on 23 species. (A little red lion comp we have), looks like I may have to settle for bronze.

Good report tommy, keep the kids fishing, I started at 5, but unfortunately never got much better 45 years later.

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A nice bag of sprats and a macky for me so far for the freezer, seen a herring and schoolie caught aswell.... thanks for the replies so far

not sure on the exact id's G just going by the look of them really and general opinions on the arm is sprats

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got home just after 4pm and finished the day with Flounders, Sprat, Macky and Herring so that's the bait freezer stocked up nicely and the species list for the year up to 22:fish:

was a really nice day to be out, Bailey enjoyed himself and we also saw Plaice, Schoolie's and Shad.. add those to the Bullhead that my little man caught and that's 8 species I know of which is pretty good going if you ask me...

£5 to fish 3 rods all day on a clean arm with toilets and a tackle hut within 2 minutes walk of your rods... I'd call that a bargain:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Well in Bailey! You better get used to him catching more than you salty. Nice report matey, great to get the youngsters interested. Toying with the idea of taking my 6 yr old to chesil, atleast if he gets bored or cold he can curl up in the shelter.
Cheers,
Sam

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
Thanks fellas.... plenty of sprats and a few flounders and whiting... Baileys saved his blank by landing a bullhead, at 5 years old the boys a natural.. casting and baiting up himself with a bit of supervision he's caught more than most on here with that Bullhead, might put him in for some matches!
Can't beat it mate, learning the ropes to your littluns, my little girl is only 5months at the mo but as soon as she's old enough she'll be coming.. Can't wait :)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Now thats good news sprats /herring equals Cod.......hopefully, the Cod do like to chase them, dolphins were after something yesterday and i wondered if it was herring shoals!!! nice one, great report.

·
Registered
976 Posts
A good days fishing. Well done on getting the little one fishing. :thumbs:

G

·
Took my boy on bognor pier back in 1982 for the first time and he caught a 6lb grey mullet which was dropped netted up,one of the biggest still to this day,great to see it but he unfortunately decided fishing wasn`t for him,nice bonding time though,great to see you getting yours out and catching Tommy, hope he`s now got the bug......Alan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts