World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon,

Im new to this site, so please be gentle!

Looking for some advice, fished for worthing beach with my grandfather as a kid, never been very successful even though many many man hours and effort has been put in over the last 20 odd years!

Taking a fishing trip with a pal this Saturday, will be around all day and hoping to get some night fishing done too. Can anyone recommend somewhere in particular that may me successful? (Is shoreham harbor any good??)

Also what bait to use this time of year? historically i would only fish in the summer using and mixture of lug and rag.

Many thanks in advance!

Lee

·
13,170 Posts
Moved to South Coast forum...

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Afternoon,

Im new to this site, so please be gentle!

Looking for some advice, fished for worthing beach with my grandfather as a kid, never been very successful even though many many man hours and effort has been put in over the last 20 odd years!

Taking a fishing trip with a pal this Saturday, will be around all day and hoping to get some night fishing done too. Can anyone recommend somewhere in particular that may me successful? (Is shoreham harbor any good??)

Also what bait to use this time of year? historically i would only fish in the summer using and mixture of lug and rag.

Many thanks in advance!

Lee
Les as already said if it's guaranteed fish you want then head to Shoreham West Arm.
Easy comfortable fishing and you should catch Whiting, Rockling and Dabs. You may also catch Flounder, Bass and the arm usually throws up a suprise, like the near 10lb cod last week.
There is a car park which is £3 a day but just before the car park entrance is a small free car park, so look out for that.
There is a charge for fishing £3 for first rod and £1 for any additional rods. The two guys that run the arm Graham and Lee will help you if you struggle to catch.
Any other info you may need feel free to PM me.

Good luck
Tony

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the forum :clap3:.

All above advice about the west arm is good and reliable.
Not fished it this year yet, but have just got back from HDSA beach (not too far away). Lots of Pin Whitting and nowt else.
Weed was minimal :thumbs:.

I hope your trip out goes well.

Tight lines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts