World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Im thinking of fishing at Shorne on the Thames at HW on Sunday. But as i have never fished there before any info on best place, bait, snags etc would be helpful. Also I dont know exactly how to get their so help on that would be good as well.

Thanks

Russ

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi.

Used to fish near shornemead fort a couple years ago, you can walk from the ship and lobster pub which is a long walk, or you can park near the rail way crossing which is much nearer. i think it is queens farm road?

we used to fish a shingle beach which is just over the fence you will find if you walk from the ship and lobster, it can be quite snaggy tho but better than inbetween.

lots of people fish the mud to the right of the fort, heard it was a good place for flatties. we just used lug+squid and rag for bait.

Tried my best to give you info so hope it helps and good luck mate.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hi all.

Im thinking of fishing at Shorne on the Thames at HW on Sunday. But as i have never fished there before any info on best place, bait, snags etc would be helpful. Also I dont know exactly how to get their so help on that would be good as well.

Thanks

Russ
watch out sometimes that gate is locked,was last few times we went,winter time,and watch the big tides, they swamp the marsh,we use to fish where the ole light house use to be,marshy land,fishing into mud ,summer flounders to maddies,bass,eels,some sole,winter codling,whiting,you can still see the base of the ole light house,fishing the fort has its snaggy spots,good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for info. When you say"the gate" do you mean the gate at the railway crossing. I had a look today and the vehicle gate is padlocked and the footgate had been welded shut as access been banned due to kids running in front of trains. Only way I can see to get there is via sea wall from Ship & Lobster Pub (think its called that ) which seems a long walk.

Shame, I really wanted to try it. What about Cliffe or Allhallows - anyone tried that recently.

Thornbackflounder - I was speaking to a guy named Doug M ( i think ) at Riverside Coutry Patk the other day who said he had been out on his inflatable with you at Minnis Bay. Wouldnt mind speaking to you about inflatables one day as interested in getting one myself.

Russ

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Thanks for info. When you say"the gate" do you mean the gate at the railway crossing. I had a look today and the vehicle gate is padlocked and the footgate had been welded shut as access been banned due to kids running in front of trains. Only way I can see to get there is via sea wall from Ship & Lobster Pub (think its called that ) which seems a long walk.

Shame, I really wanted to try it. What about Cliffe or Allhallows - anyone tried that recently.

Thornbackflounder - I was speaking to a guy named Doug M ( i think ) at Riverside Coutry Patk the other day who said he had been out on his inflatable with you at Minnis Bay. Wouldnt mind speaking to you about inflatables one day as interested in getting one myself.
Russ
Yes thats the one,shame kids have ****ed it for everyone else,run them over,lol,only joking,Allhallows can be good sport for small schoolies,dig some bait by the two pill boxs and fish over the left spilts,give a good 100yd cast and you get them up to a 1 n half 2 lb,Yes i know Doug ,he is a nice chap,he got his first ray on a spot i took him,anytime you want advice on dinghy fishing just ask mate,no worries,we been getting double figure hounds out there now and i had a ray last week,4 schoolies aswell,best thing i ever done was buy that small boat,,,,TIGHT LINES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SHANE

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fished between Shorne Fort and the Ship & Lobster yesterday. Turned up a couple of hours before HW and found 150 odd brolleys and fisherman all tackling up. Turns out ther was a comp on for the Pubs club.

Had to walk a very long way to get past the match pegs and set up just past the metal fence were the horses were.

Had 3 small eels between 3 of us all day. Lent my mate some spare gear and after laughing at his poor efforts to cast - he managed only 30 yrds, and then caught the 1st and last eels. I caught nothing and managed to lose 3 sets of tackle and break my reel.

Turns out that if he had been in the comp he would have come 2nd !!. Winner had 2 small eels and a small sole.

Gonna try it again in the winter.

Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts