World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much the same as last week when me and salmon went down. Started off trying to get a nice livebait sized whiting, all i could get was dogs:yucky: From the first cast it was a dog every couple of minutes, but i did manage a whiting after about 20mins, changed rigs(i was only fishing the one bottom rod) chucked it on an 8/0 and left if out for over and hour. I then set the float rod up and caught bugger all for that hour:uhuh: Fed up with the float rod and not a sniff on the whiting, i chucked out a macky flapper which got attention off dogs but no eels:g: I did try fishing on the bottom with the float rod to see if i could get some dogs on the float but all i could get was an ancient lookin crab to half a sandeel:blink: I have got photos but i've done something wrong in photobucket and theres only half photos?? Will try and post some later:)

Ended up with about 10 dogs and about the smae amount of whiting, and the crab hehehe!!!!

Also saw two porpoise only about 40-50 yards off the end looked bloody great on a flat sea:notworthy :notworthy

And also a HUGE mullet down by the wall, it was easily 8-9lb the biggest mullet ive personally seen:blink: Just came up rolled and went back down. I will be back there soon with a dozen loaves of bread and i WILL catch one of them off there this year!! Seen some big ones last year but this was much bigger than any of them:blink:

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
well in there m8 - beat's a blank....
unlucky that the eels did'nt want to play ball......

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sea was flat calm most of the day, just like mid summer!!!

Most of the dogs were a nice size

My first crab off the short arm, fishing about 30 foot deep on the float trying to see what a dog bite looks like on the float?? Not like a crab bite hehehe!!!!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice pics kev im thinking about getting a licence but dont no weather 2 go 4 the long arm or the shorttie wot do u recon m8???

Havent fished the long arm, but im not sure its worth the extra 25 quid. Bigger eels off there but i think everything else caught is basically the same as the short arm:unsure:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Havent fished the long arm, but im not sure its worth the extra 25 quid. Bigger eels off there but i think everything else caught is basically the same as the short arm:unsure:
agree totally kev. I used to fish the long arm regular, caught some cracking bass on the float over there, but since they`ve put the new reinforced blocks on the break water, i find it too much of a potch to fish now, short arm is much easier fishing and the fishing is pretty good aswell:) roll on the makeral:clap2:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
nice pics kev, im getting a tan just looking at them lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts