World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the arm on the 5th with my grandson, he caught his first ever fish a doggie ended up with two. He was really chuffed, water was almost out so had some good photos as he struggled to bring it up the wall. I had a few doggies and whiting, had loads of prawns in the net but most were carrying eggs so were all returned, also had two rockling in the net. Enjoyable day.
Fished there again today from 7.30-1pm suprisingly only a few people fishing, very quiet only 3 whiting I was hoping for a few doggies for a bit of sport. Probably leave it until the summer fish come in.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kev
I might be able to get there depends on work commitments, 4 of my mates fished around your fav mark today, same result very quiet. I'm very tempted to try a new mark somewhere, but I think it might be the same everywhere.

I wouldnt might a trip somewhere when the mackeral are in in abundance, just for a change. what part of the country to they come in first ?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
They will come in from the west mate. Shouldn't be too long now 4-5 weeks and there should be quite a few about?? I might take the float rod down on wednesday and have some fun with the smaller species, and just chuck one rod out for the eels.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought they would have been down south first cos' it's a bit warmer, where do you go cross the bridge Kev anywhere interesting? Good luck on wednesday.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
They will be down on the south coast soon, but up here they will come in from the west and work up the channel.

Dont go to too many places over the bridge just when we go away mainly. Chesil a few times, morte point, poole harbour, just when we go away for a few days.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent fished to many marks mostly around porthcawl and Port talbot, I've been told St Davids is a good mark its a fair run do you think its worth the trip in the summer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts