World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
How does the short arm fish on low highs?

I was thinking next Saturday, Swansea tides are about 10.5M

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
hi phil
if youre going next sat either float for the gars if weather allows or get a bit of mudworm and try in the estuary where you will have a good chance of a bass mind you it isnt fishing very well at the moment even the macky seem to have dissapeared

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it, I have been there 3 times, caught very little, but, I can see it has great potential.

Would you suggest on the inside as the water is clearer there?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
no generally i would fish outside towards mumbles although on the smaller tides i would give the estuary a go.you could fish straight out from where you park although security sometimes dont like this it all depends whos on shift.I have picked up a few nice bass here on either mudworm sandeel crab or macky although if using crab you tend to pick up a lot of eels.

You can try inside but i have never had much here unless i am floating or spinning
dont cast the float out too far about 20ft from rocks max and vary depth from 3to10ftuntil you catch if on your own its better because less noise bass will come right in almost under your feet dont move about too much also as this will spook them good luck
sandeel

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I don't cast the float to far out anyway, as there are some nice rocks close in. I have seen Bass jump there, as well as mackerel!

I normally use either frozen sandeel or the silver part of the mackerel. When I bring in I don't just wind like hell, I spin it back in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts