World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had bites nearly straight away and they were good bites. Of the fish I caught, one of the mackerel was a very good scrapper and just didn't want to come in to be bashed on the old head!

Another bite I had felt a very good mackerel, it was on for about 5 seconds. Then I had a period of lift bites, I hit the first one straight away, nothing, the second one I waited a bit longer nothing, you can see a pattern here.

Saw a few garfish following my sandeel, fish were jumping about 5' away from me, jumping by my float, popping on the surface right next to my float. And, to top it all, I saw mullet cruising. ARRGGGgg

One of those pollack was a chunky fella, I almost knocked him on the head! I should have got down there earlier as that was the time they were catching loads of macky. Jackstones pier was rammed!

All in all a very nice day and no rain, although the wind did pick up a bit and then eased back a little bit.

I did venture over to the inside briefly but I went on that seaweed stuff, and I thought, nah I am not risking it, not by myself, so I went back over to the other side.

I forgot to tell you about the other bites I was getting, strange ones these, not quiet a full lift bite, but the float lifted slightly, and quivered!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Had bites nearly straight away and they were good bites. Of the fish I caught, one of the mackerel was a very good scrapper and just didn't want to come in to be bashed on the old head!

Another bite I had felt a very good mackerel, it was on for about 5 seconds. Then I had a period of lift bites, I hit the first one straight away, nothing, the second one I waited a bit longer nothing, you can see a pattern here.

Saw a few garfish following my sandeel, fish were jumping about 5' away from me, jumping by my float, popping on the surface right next to my float. And, to top it all, I saw mullet cruising. ARRGGGgg

One of those pollack was a chunky fella, I almost knocked him on the head! I should have got down there earlier as that was the time they were catching loads of macky. Jackstones pier was rammed!

All in all a very nice day and no rain, although the wind did pick up a bit and then eased back a little bit.

I did venture over to the inside briefly but I went on that seaweed stuff, and I thought, nah I am not risking it, not by myself, so I went back over to the other side.

I forgot to tell you about the other bites I was getting, strange ones these, not quiet a full lift bite, but the float lifted slightly, and quivered!

probably your hook rubbing on rocks,and causing ya float to lift a bit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably your hook rubbing on rocks,and causing ya float to lift a bit
I was about 15 or so yards out and not to deep, the float was set to about 8 feet deep, and I do know that where I was casting to the water was deep enough. I have had the hook rubbing on the rocks before and I have typical garfish bites, this was typical garfish bites!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts