World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
aint been down for about 2 weeks...dunno what its fishing like
mate was thinking of going down there last night but aint heard how he got off yet... he was planning to spin/plug

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
fished there last night caught some macky on feathers which went out as livebait on float and one bass 2 pound 2oz on a plug only one fish on bottom a pouting i find the short arm fishes better on float and spin than bottom during the summer although some nice conger off rocks during sept ,last night no garfish on float or feathers which is unusual.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting, it appears that a phone is order in the next couple of days! I cant wait to try the short arm!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Just sent me cheque for £26.50 to those nice peeps in harbour office Swansea Dock, hopefully soon i shall have a card enabling me to fish the short arm,something i havent done for about 16 years, at that time you could only fish half way, you could'nt go aroung to the end.
What is being caught there recently and i would welcome your oppinions as to best spot and bait etc. :cool:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
hi radiokaos
i tend to fish round the corner from the slab on the rocks almost at the end casting towards mumbles any method works but dont cast out too far you want your bait to fish where the last rocks meet the sand about 30yds out on high water, float and spin at dawn and dusk some good bass this way.
you also pick up some nice conger casting right into the rocks although you will lose gear this way ,lots of macky about at present and a few bass next month should see the congers feeding a bit more as well as the bass come october november the whitying fishing can be hectic with some good size specimens
hope to see you down there soon . sandeel

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
MaJeeKa said:
u had licence back yet phil?
I thought the applications, there are a few of us, was only sent a couple of day ago. You can imagine what I almost said!

Summat on the lines of, "Oh dear someone has not paid on time, oh dear, it looks as though we will have to wait a little bit longer", ish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts