1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i will mostly be fishing the Short Arm. :cool:

G

·
Fished there yesterday, I caught a small ray and 2 mackie.

Loads of macky came in on feathers and one small tub gurnard.

Technical fishing question concerning float fishing :)

When the float goes under are you suppose to strike and not watch the bleeder come up again :(

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you just reel in on the float. I might be wrong but thats what i used to do. :p

G

·
RadioKaos said:
I think you just reel in on the float. I might be wrong but thats what i used to do. :p
I did in the end, I was just standing there hold my bass rod watching my float go under and watch it pop back up.

Bad day at the office!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got back 6.30. great day 5 Mackeral and 6 whiting,(shame the witing were only 4 inches long :D )
I could have caught more mackies but i only wanted half dozen or so 3 to eat and 2 for bait. why be greedy, some boys on there had carrier bags full. :(

G

·
RadioKaos said:
Got back 6.30. great day 5 Mackeral and 6 whiting,(shame the witing were only 4 inches long :D )
I could have caught more mackies but i only wanted half dozen or so 3 to eat and 2 for bait. why be greedy, some boys on there had carrier bags full. :(
I saw that recently at the West Pier! :(

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The other thing that really peeved me off was all the discarded mackeral trace wrappers and ammo bait wrappers just chucked around the pier, surely i am not the only one who takes all his litter home( i think everyone on this site does also :D ).
It dont take a second to put discarded wrappers and bits of old mono into a carrier bag and pop it in your bin back home.
No wonder we are losing places to fish. :mad:

G

·
I try to take all my rubbish, sometimes it is easy to miss the odd bit of line, but I do try and take mine home, and maybe other peoples as well! This is what is going to get the antis against us!

Enough said!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Could not agree more... i always take bags and gloves with me and do a little wombling.It does not take much to get into good practice ( taking me back to previous post on the deeps) went to port eynion on the week end. first time fished there what a lovely place weather was fantastic... totally blanked but my 8 yr old playing on the rocks found me a rapala lure and a surface popper lure... eeexcellent

G

·
Robski said:
Could not agree more... i always take bags and gloves with me and do a little wombling.It does not take much to get into good practice ( taking me back to previous post on the deeps) went to port eynion on the week end. first time fished there what a lovely place weather was fantastic... totally blanked but my 8 yr old playing on the rocks found me a rapala lure and a surface popper lure... eeexcellent
Good rubbish then :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts