World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be in Aberporth for a 3 day holiday break next week and will have the spinning/plugging/feathering gear with us. Any suggestions for a good deep-water bass/mackerel/pollack session from the shore? Not restricted to Aberporth, anywhere along that bit of coast will be good. Limited rock clambering gear (trainers basically!)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi mate have you fished at aberporth before,

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never fished in Aberporth area before. Will probably only have time for a short session off the leash from the wives with spinning and feathering gear so looking for a deep water, accessible mark.

·
Registered
594 Posts
there are no deep water marks around aberporth but there are plenty of good spinning areas along the cliff path and on the rock points along the beach, if you want deep water you need to get down to mwnt but its no place to take any risks especially in wet weather then its dodgy as hell. if you want i'll PM my phone no and we can have a bit of a sesh one evening it might not be bass but i can promise youll get your line pulled just bring your rod reel and some size one hooks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that Col. However the "trip" is likely to be timed to suit the demands of wives and the serving of dinner rather than the best time to fish and will definitely be restricted to spinning rod and spinners, plugs or feathers!

Probably not worth taking the gear really, but hope springs eternal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts