World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan was to have a three hour bash near Carsethorn, fishing the last three hours of the flood and stopping at high tide at 2 pm. Opened the curtains to find the rain was lashing down, so almost crawled back into bed. But as a few friends were going to be there, I did not want to be chicken, and out I went. The only other angler there was Eggy from this forum, the others failed to appear, probably fair weather fishers afraid of getting their hair wet, or suffering from to much plonk last night. Eggy fished two rods loaded with lugworm and sandeel whilst I used only crab on my rods. The majority of fish were taken by Eggy using his lug, including the best fish of around 3 lb. a nice bass. My total was three flounder a dab and an eel, whilst Eggy had twice as many. Species caught Flounder, plaice, dab, bass and eel.. Good day with a couple of light showers otherwise nice and sunny.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Good report Jack, its not often that lug out fishes crab down there is it?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good report Jack, its not often that lug out fishes crab down there is it?

Aye mate, if I keep away from Carsethorn itself,where there are tons of crab in the water ready to strip most baits, but on clean ground they are in much less number and worms are safer. I believe that lug is superior to crab for plaice, and that a big cocktail bait with lug included is also tops for bass. Just all depends on the venue and state of the sea. So next time I go, I am going to hedge my bets and fish two hook flappers as usual, although one hook will be baited with worm, whilst the other will have crab. Will try this a couple of times this coming week and see which performs best. Hope I do not have a couple of blanks, for that will prove nothing. lol.

Regarding the weather Willeton, I played the wimp game and sheltered under Eggys big gamp.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i fished the carse myself not anyone else to be seen where were you jack,total blank lug stripped in mins soaked and fishless not a good day ,hooked a crab.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i fished the carse myself not anyone else to be seen where were you jack,total blank lug stripped in mins soaked and fishless not a good day ,hooked a crab.
Donald, if you looked along to your right you would have seen us. In one of eggys photos you can see the white house at Carsethorn.

·
Registered
526 Posts
well done lads , nice fish eggy i was going to fish at the house on the shore but the wife had other plans , so i went and fished at brighouse bay later on managed two small pollock of about a pound
andy

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good "wee" session Jack, Well done. :clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts