World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd hoped to fish the tide all the way in today but I had to pack up after 4 hours to sort something out at home.. Anyway, quite a lot of people were fishing Aberafan today, no windsurfers, a nice westerly wind but too bright really for my liking.

Anyway, 1 rod out a few yards with mudworm and one at long range with sandeel didn't produce any bites at all for the first two hours, things picked up a bit then I had a few Schoolies and two Thornbacks nothing worth photographing really but I took a pic of one of the rays because I thought it was nicely marked.

I didn't see anyone else getting anything while I was there so would be interested to know what else was caught, especially when it got dark. :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i got home from aberavon at 7am,just finished cleaning the gear,we had a few rays ,and dogs,but nothing else,biggest ray was 1lb 2ozand biggest dog was 1lb 5oz,we had mack,squid,lug etc,cracking surf but the fish did not want to play,tried close,very close,far out and medium,i only had one ray dead on a pound,very windy at the end about 20mph sw,gonna hit the sack now for a short sharp sleep,as i am 6-2 all week and will be wrecked tomorrow.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went down thursday night we got 1 blonde 1 dover 1.56lb one small dab thats it :)
Nice to hear of another sole coming off there :)

i got home from aberavon at 7am,just finished cleaning the gear,we had a few rays ,and dogs,but nothing else,biggest ray was 1lb 2ozand biggest dog was 1lb 5oz,we had mack,squid,lug etc,cracking surf but the fish did not want to play,tried close,very close,far out and medium,i only had one ray dead on a pound,very windy at the end about 20mph sw,gonna hit the sack now for a short sharp sleep,as i am 6-2 all week and will be wrecked tomorrow.
Sounds like the fishing was more or less the same in the night then.. Hope that you're not too tired today and cheers for posing back, much appreciated!

Nice one mate. im going down there for low water in a bit, will let you know how i got on
Great, hope you had a good session.

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Lovely marked ray mate.............nice one

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lovely marked ray mate.............nice one
Cheers Rich :) Shame it wasn't 4 times as big though!

just got up, fished from low til 5 and only had a sole of about a lb
That's a great sole, I'd have happily swapped my rays for that! :) I've only had one sole this year, that was from Aberafan and barely 11".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts