World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the high pressure hot weather being interrupted by a deepening low moving in over the weekend i took the opportunity to have short session on the beach at Ogmore
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern .
I do believe that fish will often come on the feed when the air pressure drops quickly.
LW was at ten to one this morning so my first baits hit the water at midnight.
There was a bit of weed about but not too bad. I think the stiff ENE breeze was helping to blow it off shore.
Ecoregion Plant Grass Twig Tints and shades

With in 15mins a smalleyed came in to a squid bait.
Transparent material Jellyfish Art Water Visual arts

Things went quite till just under an hour after LW when another smalleyed took a sandeel wrap. Shortly followed by a Spotty who was tempted by a whole prawn I'd put out in case a hound was about.
Rays and skates Cartilaginous fish Stingray Electric ray Marine invertebrates Water Liquid Rays and skates Underwater Fish

By twenty past two the wind had picked up, the sky had darkened and the first spots of rain were falling. With hinder forecast and no real wish to get a soaking, it was my cue to head home.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well done notso...2 rays and none of you know what showed up 👍 happy days

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Sole Man!
1,657 Posts
Nice and efficient Keith xx

Reactions: Notso

·
Registered
Daiwa supercast M11 rods and Slosh 30 reels
1,883 Posts
Well done on getting a session in before the bad weather and finding the rays Keith.

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Good sesh Keith, has that muddy stuff gone you were on about a few weeks ago ?
Yeh most of its gone Phil but still a couple of patches around the half tide mark.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Many fishing there Keith and is the car park locked at that time ?
I remembered you told me another parking spot outside the car park

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Many fishing there Keith and is the car park locked at that time ?
I remembered you told me another parking spot outside the car park
I saw one light to my left but nothing to my right so two of us between river and deeps.

As far as I know, main carpark is closed 8pm till 8am. Deeps carpark at top of the hill is open.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
With the high pressure hot weather being interrupted buy a deepening low moving in over the weekend i took the opportunity to have short session on the beach at Ogmore
View attachment 1369582 .
I do believe that fish will often come on the feed when the air pressure drops quickly.
LW was at ten to one this morning so my first baits hit the water at midnight.
There was a bit of weed about but not too bad. I think the stiff ENE breeze was helping to blow it off shore.
View attachment 1369584

With in 15mins a smalleyed came in to a squid bait.
View attachment 1369585

Things went quite till just under an hour after LW when another smalleyed took a sandeel wrap. Shortly followed by a Spotty who was tempted by a whole prawn I'd put out in case a hound was about.
View attachment 1369586 View attachment 1369587

By twenty past two the wind had picked up, the sky had darkened and the first spots of rain were falling. With hinder forecast and no real wish to get a soaking, it was my cue to head home.
Great session Keith. Making the most of conditions. I am always telling people in my area to look for 'weather windows' as they can often produce some great catches but can be short lived. I am always looking days ahead for opportunities but the forecasting is not always that good. Fish when it's suits the fish no matter what hour of the day or night and you will succeed.

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
Tidy session Keith well done

Reactions: Notso
1 - 19 of 19 Posts