World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High tide at 14.00 hrs. today, so decided to have a wee beach session.Dug a supply of lugworm and off to chosen mark to meet pal Tam who arrived just before me. Quite a lot of sunshine today although quite a fresh Easterlywas blowing, and the sea had quite a bit of colour in it. Lines out two hours into the flood. Both of us with two rods, and using two hook droppers with fine wire Aberdeens. A good bit of weed around, but not enough to be a major problem. I caught the first fish, a flounder of 1 l;b. 1 oz. then Tam got a bigger one followed by a bass of 2lb. 7oz. Bites dried up for me and Tam managed another two flounder and a solitary plaice. Not doing well I moved a couple of hundred yards down the shoreline and immediatly was into a fish, a bass of 3 lb. 3 oz. One more wee flounder for me and we called it a day at high tide as the weed was starting to gather for the ebb.To supliment the lug I had a few crabs and Tam had fish baits, yet every fish was taken on lugworm. The bass made the session for us, so I may just go back again tomorrow for another bash.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hows the plaice count going jack
Rubbish Donald, only eight for me to date. Even the flounder are not numerous and the dabs are marked absent. Saving grace, a bass or two being taken, still waiting for the double figure one though. Thought that I would have seen you on the shoreline before now, good tides this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts