World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just for a bit of advice, im just starting out at sea beach fishing, and have a rod rest, though when the tide comes in, its the case of moving back so would this do

Ebay Item No 110119917888

or wont they be of any use.

Need advice

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Hi all

Just for a bit of advice, im just starting out at sea beach fishing, and have a rod rest, though when the tide comes in, its the case of moving back so would this do

Ebay Item No 110119917888

or wont they be of any use.

Need advice

Thanks
Steve
That's cheap for a but pad, I've been thinking about getting one for a long time. Don't think it will replace a rod rest though, you will have to hold the rod and would still need the rest when you want a break.

·
England Team Captain
30,606 Posts
No mate, no use on the beach at all... with your rod on the rest and the butt in the lower cup, just loosen the drag on the reel and move back with the tide.Dont forget to reset it after though.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hello mate, Im not sure what rod rest you have but if its possible to attatch a leg lock kit to it, it would help a great deal..

All is does is clip on to the legs and keeps them rigid, Ive just got one for moving back on beaches and to help keep my stand up on smooth ground.

I paid a bit too much for mine though at £8.75, seen them for £6.75 but it is a handy piece of kit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello mate, Im not sure what rod rest you have but if its possible to attatch a leg lock kit to it, it would help a great deal..

All is does is clip on to the legs and keeps them rigid, Ive just got one for moving back on beaches and to help keep my stand up on smooth ground.

I paid a bit too much for mine though at £8.75, seen them for £6.75 but it is a handy piece of kit.
You need a pretty small butt to get it into that . . .I got a 'low cost ' one from my tackle dealer (£7). . . the belt is only just long enough and it is not that cumfy on me luvnuts - so only use it at 'last minute' - total waste of space when a big conger gets hold of the other end !!!!!

It seems you get what you pay for . . . .. once again :schmoll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts