World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I do not think this debate has ever been seriously up for discussion on WSF as a stand alone subject.

For me it's a massive yes an absolute certainty if all anglers in the UK, especially sea anglers are going to be fairly treated across the UK. We need a wide spread and flexible approach to political angling representation to cater for variation in species, environment, angling concerns, political views and fisheries restrictions come the implementation of the New Fisheries Bill.

If we just look on here it could even alleviate tensions between the various UK anglers on WSF, it must be difficult for N Irish, Welsh and Scottish sea anglers having to look what is happening with the AT in England to get some idea of if or how their sea fishing may change in the future.

WSF Primary Administrator.
I do not think this debate has ever been seriously up for discussion on WSF as a stand alone subject.

For me it's a massive yes an absolute certainty if all anglers in the UK, especially sea anglers are going to be fairly treated across the UK. We need a wide spread and flexible approach to political angling representation to cater for variation in species, environment, angling concerns, political views and fisheries restrictions come the implementation of the New Fisheries Bill.

If we just look on here it could even alleviate tensions between the various UK anglers on WSF, it must be difficult for N Irish, Welsh and Scottish sea anglers having to look what is happening with the AT in England to get some idea of if or how their sea fishing may change in the future.
Good post mate.

If all the orgs and associations were united and all pulled in one direction, we would all be better off.

Registered
if the NI, Wales,and Scots anglers thought their sea fishing was likely to replicate that of England they would probably slash their collective wrists

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I think it far more likely they will be blaming their own NGB's for not working with the AT to get them fishing now England's 2M+ anglers can start back fishing on Wednesday.

Proof if ever there was that all UK NGB's should be politically active to protect all UK anglers.

I do feel sorry for the rest who still have to wait, but maybe this is a wake up call.

We need each other.

Registered
I think it far more likely they will be blaming their own NGB's for not working with the AT to get them fishing now England's 2M+ anglers can start back fishing on Wednesday.

Proof if ever there was that all UK NGB's should be politically active to protect all UK anglers.

I do feel sorry for the rest who still have to wait, but maybe this is a wake up call.

We need each other.

No need to feel sorry for the rest of the UK , were just being more sensible and hoping there is no second spike in the virus.

As much as I love fishing, I will never put it in front of family and loved ones.

Registered
No need to feel sorry for the rest of the UK , were just being more sensible and hoping there is no second spike in the virus.

As much as I love fishing, I will never put it in front of family and loved ones.
do you really think you would be putting your family in danger or is it the mindset which your government has instilled??:eek:,you probably do a bit of shopping now and again?,i would say fishing is much safer than going shopping:wink:.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

We are not just talking about the pandemic, what about the changes to the New Fisheries Bill and not having a say within government circles to prevent draconian restrictions on anglers.

The cheeky Essex lure fisher

yes from me

Reactions: smart201

Registered

We need each other.
Sorry, are you trying to say that the AT would have been able to get angling allowed in the other nations despite the devolved administrations all being against any form of easing the lockdown?

The bad enough the AT tries to take responsibility for the changes in England, but to claim that you鈥檇 have got changes in Wales and Scotland is delusional.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, are you trying to say that the AT would have been able to get angling allowed in the other nations despite the devolved administrations all being against any form of easing the lockdown?

The bad enough the AT tries to take responsibility for the changes in England, but to claim that you鈥檇 have got changes in Wales and Scotland is delusional.
Thank you for your opinion

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 1266881
So the Angling trust say they represent 鈥渁ll anglers in England and Wales鈥 but you disagree and say they aren鈥檛 representing all anglers in England and Wales, now it is most certainly getting interesting. Is the AT the 鈥渘ational representative body for all anglers in England and Wales鈥 or not ? I would say it鈥檚 widely believed that an NGB is one and the same as a National representative body.
I have explained it to you already, if you cannot accept that then ask the AT direct

[email protected]

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
That is something Jamie Cook has addressed today on the latest live feed on their facebook page. Apparently there has been a lot of progress on the AT working with Welsh anglers after receiving loads of calls from Welsh anglers after last night's live feed and the AT offering support.

If interested go take a look.

Registered

what utter tosh ,sturgeon only has ONE agenda ,the break up of the UK.always self interest with her

Registered
Porgie.

If we go by what you say, Wales and Northern Ireland must also want to break away as they never lifted their lockdown either.

Wales have now lifted some of their fishing ban. This only came about when their members of AT bombarded the AT with complaints about not fully recognising them.

As for independence bring it on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Porgie.

If we go by what you say, Wales and Northern Ireland must also want to break away as they never lifted their lockdown either.

Wales have now lifted some of their fishing ban. This only came about when their members of AT bombarded the AT with complaints about not fully recognising them.

What you mean is that a very well respected Welsh AT ambassador called for anglers to bombard the Welsh assembly with emails and Welsh and English AT members responded on mass along with other concerned Welsh anglers. That is what I call teamwork and the power of unity.

Registered
Porgie.

if your prepared to just sit on your arse and do nothing just to keep sturgeon happy then thats your choice , and btw independence tied to the EU and its supertrawlers ,you really are having a laugh

Registered
What you mean is that a very well respected Welsh AT ambassador called for anglers to bombard the Welsh assembly with emails and Welsh and English AT members responded on mass along with other concerned Welsh anglers. That is what I call teamwork and the power of unity.
It could always be quoted as the power of stupidity as well.

A fishing party from the north of England travelled to Scotland the day before England were allowed to go fishing. Now I wonder what part of Scotland is in lockdown did they not understand.

The welsh government are not happy being treated as second class citizens again.

The AT has always been English biased. I have many Welsh angling friends in both freshwater and sea angling.

Does it not say something when English local councils are telling people not to travel to their areas.

Registered
if your prepared to just sit on your arse and do nothing just to keep sturgeon happy then thats your choice , and btw independence tied to the EU and its supertrawlers ,you really are having a laugh

Fish quotas have been sold for years and will be even when we leave the EU.

We don't hear people bemoaning our boats going into Dutch waters and fishing for the flat fish there.

As for sitting on my arse and doing nothing, well if you class protecting myself and family members who have medical conditions , then I'm happy doing that.

There are people out there like myself who have serious medical conditions. You may think I'm over reacting, but I cherish the life I have and want to enjoy it too the fullest that I can. If that means staying at home for a few more weeks then I will.

Registered
So the AT is fully responsible for the partial lifting of lockdown in Wales too ? They really have done a lot haven't they o_O

We don't hear people bemoaning our boats going into Dutch waters and fishing for the flat fish there.

As for sitting on my arse and doing nothing, well if you class protecting myself and family members who have medical conditions , then I'm happy doing that.

There are people out there like myself who have serious medical conditions. You may think I'm over reacting, but I cherish the life I have and want to enjoy it too the fullest that I can. If that means staying at home for a few more weeks then I will.
fair enough ,stay home protect yourself and your family i wish you well .

Fair enough ,look after your family and yourself,i wish you all well,
Regions of scotland have less than 5 people in ICUs hospital yet sturgeon wants a once size fits all,the same thing she refused when it came to the UK .another few weeks in my region is not going to make one jot of difference yet we have to follow her who must be obeyed.
As for your comment about dutch boats ,clearly you are a fan of sturgeon and the EU so your quite happy with EU supertrawlers being in our waters ,must be a first for a sea angler in your area

1 - 20 of 72 Posts