World Sea Fishing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
20,600 Posts
Just how does giving all four nations of the UK a voice in joint campaigns to protect angling mean the AT making moves to elbow out the existing national governing bodies?............. pure paranoia. It's about making them heard loud and clear in the corridors of power instead of being walked all over. I think there are a lot of Scottish anglers out their right know wishing they were heard by their Scottish MP's and government.
You think wrong......simple as that...
Christ even your own countrymen don't support you.......:rolleyes:
Don't make me laugh.......

·
Registered
20,600 Posts
Just how does giving all four nations of the UK a voice in joint campaigns to protect angling mean the AT making moves to elbow out the existing national governing bodies?............. pure paranoia. It's about making them heard loud and clear in the corridors of power instead of being walked all over. I think there are a lot of Scottish anglers out their right know wishing they were heard by their Scottish MP's and government.
Reg if you think Scottish anglers want the disaster artists anywhere near our fishing then it's a visit to the doctor you need.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,600 Posts
No comrade, I was commenting on your 'no substance' comments on this thread :thumbsup:
You clearly haven't read the AT input and response to the fisheries bill........;)
I suggest you do that......then ask about the bits you don't understand...;)
You watch my posts about it cannot be refuted.......;)

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Unfortunately I think these latest comments are more about Scottish independence than angling. It would be nice to have a conversation without people having an inferiority complex, when it comes to angling we are all equal.

·
Registered
20,600 Posts
when it comes to angling we are all equal.
No we are not......;)
No rod licenses
Free to fish wherever I choose in the sea....
Free to fish for just about anything I want...
Free to choose whatever method I want...
Free to fish whenever I want......
You can't claim the same.....why would I or any Scottish angler want to be equal to you.....??:ugh2:

·
Registered
176 Posts
No we are not......;)
No rod licenses
You can't claim the same.....why would I or any Scottish angler want to be equal to you.....??:ugh2:
all taken away by sturgeon at this moment in time while our friends in the rest of the uk get out to play , a sign of the future

·
Registered
7,362 Posts

Nope
it's about empire building

·
WSF Administrator
57,009 Posts
No we are not......;)
No rod licenses
As long as it's not on private land ;)

Done tons of fishing up in the Highlands.

·
Registered
20,600 Posts
I never fished on estate land mate, usually on the rivers and burns.
Lochs were fair game.
So are most rivers.....;) no one owns wild fish in Scotland...trout, coarse fish etc.
So legally you can fish any water that doesn't contain fish that have been stocked by a landowner...I will say though most folk buy permits and that's what I advocate.
Salmon and sea trout are a different matter...owned by the crown.
The only time that does not apply is if the river or loch has a specific conservation order placed on it to protect the fish themselves(rare as rocking horse keech) and i only know of a few of those.
It's also not a criminal matter to be fishing for those species out with salmon and sea trout on unstocked waters regardless of a permit being applied.......it's a civil matter....the owner would need to take you to court.
There's loads more differences between fishing up here and down south.

·
WSF Administrator
57,009 Posts
So are most rivers.....;) no one owns wild fish in Scotland...trout, coarse fish etc.
So legally you can fish any water that doesn't contain fish that have been stocked by a landowner...I will say though most folk buy permits and that's what I advocate.
Salmon and sea trout are a different matter...owned by the crown.
The only time that does not apply is if the river or loch has a specific conservation order placed on it to protect the fish themselves(rare as rocking horse keech) and i only know of a few of those.
It's also not a criminal matter to be fishing for those species out with salmon and sea trout on unstocked waters regardless of a permit being applied.......it's a civil matter....the owner would need to take you to court.
There's loads more differences between fishing up here and down south.
Love it up there.

S

·
0 Posts
you lot are the reason for draconian measures....or did you forget asking for restrictions for anglers...
god almighty i hope nobody is buying this keech.....
Ah Bag limits, the AT's opening gambit when Bass stock decline was announced. What did they do.. put forward a paper to government suggesting a bag limit for sea anglers.

They did not fight, they did not point out how our impact is much less than the commercial sector.. No they went belly up.

OK it probably was on the cards, but first and foremost NO restrictions should have been the opening play from a body that is supposed to represent sea anglers.

No doubt the red cross brigade will pitch up. But one of the red cross due has already pointed out on here..having been shown the information. That the AT did in fact suggest a bag limit even before the idea had been put forward by anyone else.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Ah Bag limits, the AT's opening gambit when Bass stock decline was announced. What did they do.. put forward a paper to government suggesting a bag limit for sea anglers.

They did not fight, they did not point out how our impact is much less than the commercial sector.. No they went belly up.

OK it probably was on the cards, but first and foremost NO restrictions should have been the opening play from a body that is supposed to represent sea anglers.

No doubt the red cross brigade will pitch up. But one of the red cross due has already pointed out on here..having been shown the information. That the AT did in fact suggest a bag limit even before the idea had been put forward by anyone else.
For sure not everyone agreed with the initial strategy - but some would say that it was the responsible first step to show willingness to the cause, AND the original Bag Limits for RSA have been relaxed due to lobbying by the AT?

Mart

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

It's called taking responsibility and accountability for ones actions, it's doing the right thing instead of doing the popular thing. The alternative was an outright ban, that scenario was avoided and anglers were able to continue enjoying their sport. I am sure there would be many on here that would have slagged the AT off allowing angling to be banned when we could have had a compromise. Bag Limits are used all over the world in fisheries management, nothing new even for here in the UK.

I do however see the irony in dragging up old news when there is such little you can complain about over the last few years, lessons learned maybe.

S

·
0 Posts
It's called taking responsibility and accountability for ones actions, it's doing the right thing instead of doing the popular thing. The alternative was an outright ban, that scenario was avoided and anglers were able to continue enjoying their sport. I am sure there would be many on here that would have slagged the AT off allowing angling to be banned when we could have had a compromise. Bag Limits are used all over the world in fisheries management, nothing new even for here in the UK.

I do however see the irony in dragging up old news when there is such little you can complain about over the last few years, lessons learned maybe.
Most of us are quite capable of taking responsibility for our actions without the need for your machinations. Been doing it for years now long before the advent of the AT.

The one thing I have learnt is that you and your colleagues are not to be trusted with the future of sea angling.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts