World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

I had a late afternoon at Dover from the pier and shore with my fly and spinning gear. I met a really nice Indian family catching macks.

I started catching on my fly rod along the beach. which got one of the Indian young lads interested, I cast out and let him bring the fly in and the look on his face said it all when he hooked into one then I had all the family having ago. This was my first time down Dover for about 18 years wow a lot has changed.

What do people do with so many macks I saw people walking off the addy with over 100

Great fishing at Dover but to busy for me. Back to my favorite spot and back to the bass and mullet and my favorite rocks :fishing::sun:

has anyone els converted the mackie bashers to spinning or fly fishing i have read a lot of reports on the negative of mackie bashing anyone got any positive stories.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hi Seatrout

I see your location is Kent, how are you getting on this year, so far, with the spinning and fly fishing for Bass.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over the last week I have had some good catches no big bass but plenty school. I have had some mullet on fly mainly foam maggot. I hear they have been catching macs at Hern bay my fav spot not far from there but i have not seen any

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi Seatrout,

Have been trying to catch the elusive mullet on the fly up the road from there too. I have tried a white rubber maggot without success after a few trips so far - do the foam flies have an advantage? Are they home-made? Do you colour them? PM me if you prefer. (I live in Whitstable). Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
433 Posts
Been catching loads of mackerel on the fly mainly to surf candies or small clousers for the last 8 weeks at Herne Bay .What amazes me is the comments you get from people when they see what you are catching on ,ie why is that working and my feathers are not oh i see that looks just like the little fish down there .So some people will look into swiffing with regards to having a go but on the whole most will keep doing what they always do .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Seatrout,

Ive just moved over from Ireland where i done alot of saltwater flyfishing mainly for seatrout, pollock, coalies and mullet. Now living in Kent i would like to give it ago here. Is there any where you would recommend for Bass???? Or even an idea, as i know from back home when you find a spot you generaly keep it to yourself.
Thanks..............................................................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts