World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With an extra couple of days off after the Easter weekend me and 2 of my boys seized the opportunity of an afternoons fishing. We couldn't get any fresh crab but unfortunately the continuing fresh south westerlies didn't leave us with much choice so we headed for the Conwy estuary.

We arrived a couple of hours before high water and the boys were mad for it :)

Sky Ecoregion Landscape Smile Soil

The lack of peeling crab wasn't all bad news as the colder water meant the bait robbers weren't around in huge numbers either and our lug, squid and sandeel baits lasted a good 15 - 20 minutes. Having said that there werea few crabs around and the boys caught 1 each :D.

Water Smile Vertebrate Flash photography Lake

Skin Smile Water Mouth Body of water

Sadly the fish were also scarce and apart from a couple of small codling caught by the master :cool:, and which I kindly let my apprentices pose with :D,

Sleeve Fun People in nature Smile Sand

Smile Photograph Water Sleeve Jacket

there wasn't much else doing :(.

Once the ebb got underway the bait robbing crabs came on the feed in larger numbers and the baits were lasting 10 minutes at most so we eventually called it quits a couple of hours after high.

Despite the lack of fish it was great to spend some quality time with my boys and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves, the highlight of their afternoon was seeing their first seal in the wild when one drifted past on the current but the highlight for me was to see them working together and helping each other out :).

Water Casting (fishing) Surf fishing Natural environment Beach

Who knows what will happen in the future and if they'll even stick at it but if they do and they get half the pleasure from their fishing as I have over the years then I'll be a very happy dad ;).

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame it didnt fish better for them but there should be plenty of fish in the estuary in a few weeks.
The moult will get underway anytime now and then we'll be back for another go :).

Reactions: Headwyn

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Great report Andy. Memories from doing stuff like that with your dad last a life time. By far the best memories of my childhood were spent sea fishing with my dad :)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Are you sure you caught those codling or did you come last again;) Great to see you having fun fishing with your lads, may it carry on for years to come, mine still come every now and then with me which is great and they are are now 24, 21, 19 so you hopefully have loads more memories to come:)

Reactions: andy1965

·
Registered
794 Posts
Great to take youngsters and see them enjoying themselves:), i took my grandson this week and he caught his first bass, he was over the moon(and so was i).
Smile White Cap Jacket Fin

Reactions: andy1965
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.