World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"You've got 'til seven", she said "be back by then". I was and fishless. I'm on a hat trick now after two blankers in a row. My timing wasn't ideal, but you gotta go when you can. Fished the last of the peeler and a variety of fishy baits with no joy despite a few bass coming off here in recent weeks.There was a far bit of snot weed and the nippers were active. Ground was clean as a whistle, no snags. Lovely spot, i'd forgotten how far it is up the cliffs, had a right 'ol bead on after i got to the top. Four fishing further down, I hope they caught a few. Two arriving as I left to fish the flood lucky fellas.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
"You've got 'til seven", she said "be back by then". I was and fishless. I'm on a hat trick now after two blankers in a row. My timing wasn't ideal, but you gotta go when you can. Fished the last of the peeler and a variety of fishy baits with no joy despite a few bass coming off here in recent weeks.There was a far bit of snot weed and the nippers were active. Ground was clean as a whistle, no snags. Lovely spot, i'd forgotten how far it is up the cliffs, had a right 'ol bead on after i got to the top. Four fishing further down, I hope they caught a few. Two arriving as I left to fish the flood lucky fellas.
Better luck next time mate, doing nothing but blanking meself on the beaches this year.

AL ..

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
thats why i got a boat al.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The eternal optimist me. I've got a long gway to go to break my blanking record of eight trips, ('84, i think it was)! It's a funny old time to fish and the may weed stinks :yucky: and scums the water up terrible. It should put me off until it clears, but it obviously hasn't.
Hogster, i've got a little 'ol boat :boat: , so i've got the option I suppose. Trouble is I've got a family as well, bless 'em, and it's got to be a full day for it to be worthwhile for me mate. Hopefully i'll get out in her soon, might give the confidence a boost or it might not! Cheers. :)

PS. AL, did you go and have a spin at Salthouse last night? What was the sea like?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts