World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: Plannjng a trip this weekend and hoping to go to Sidmouth.Never fished here before but have heard Bass can be caught.Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.cheers Rock Goby.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have fished there a few times don't use ragworm as i did for months before a local fisherman who'd lived there his whole life told me there has been none naturally for 25 years,don't fish during the day i have blanked every time so has everyone i've ever seen fish it.All i've ever had out of there has been mackeral at high tide when the sun goes down.One of the best spots is in front of the bedford hotel.If you have any luck let me know i could do with the help regarding sidmouth.Every thing i've mentioned above i have been told by locals fishing the beach or in the pubs on my visits down there about once a month.Best bet try ladram bay about ten or twenty drive parkings two quid and when i went the beach was deserted(mind you it was blowing a gale and peeing down) looks like a good little bay for fishing and is recomended by all locals.
Hope thhis helps.
As for the bass that rumour goes around every year and only about three ever get caught from the shore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts