World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popping down to Sidmouth with the wife and boy in July. Can anyone offer any advice on the fishing, where to go, what bait to use and expected catch?

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
not really fished sidmouth for many years but a spot called jacobs ladder was/is a very good plaice mark. lug and peeler always used to catch but as i said that was many years ago.

im sure one of the south devon guys will be able to help better

·
Registered
130 Posts
macky and gars willingly take float fished baits, always the chance of a nice bass if the wind drops out south west and you get a bit of surf running, expect lots of tinsel danglers if the high tide coincides with dusk or just before.
hope this helps

·
Registered
241 Posts
The beach itself fishes better after dark, like most places i suppose, i haven't really fished it during the daylight so can't tell what its like. At that time of year i would advise fishing early in the morning or after dark as it will be packed if the weather is good. I would expect doggies and pout to the usual worm and fish baits. There is a chance of bass and plaice if you can find a quiet spot.

·
Registered
264 Posts
fishing to the left near the harbour you have a chance of a plaice early morning

main beach good makkie and gar bass more towards rocks all high tide

small eyed ray can be caught at the jacobs ladder end(good low tide here)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts