World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Silicone - tie your rigs up, make the snoods and adjust the rig as appropriate, gives you more lea way on the knots as the rig itself is adustable.

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
When I started out I used sliding stop-knots which were movable up the trace but came loose after a while and were a pain to tie. I then moved on to crimps as they were quicker but had the disadvantage of being pretty much un-movable.

With the silicone you get the best of both worlds. Putting four silicone stoppers under a trapped swivel makes it virtually un-movable but they can be easily adjusted by moving them one at a time. They are also quick and dead easy to use.

Since swapping to silicone I will never go back to crimps. If you try it I reckon you will be the same.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Telephone wire but it needs to be single strand not the multi strand type, you can buy it at your local hardware outlet generally by the metre.

Once you open the white outer insulation you are generally left with four or six strands, each with a different colour insulation, you want the single strand wire which stay in position when you bend it not the fine multi strand stuff that has a tendency to unwind. They can be added to rigs at any point in the build process and just as easily removed.

I twist mine around a length of welding wire held in a power drill then cut it down to the required size as it is needed.

Once I figure out how to get photo’s from my phone to the puter I can post up pics to let you see what I mean.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Crimps are better IMO , and dont weaken the line in my experience , use needle nose pliers to crimp them and if done right they are slightly adjustable . Probably 95% of match anglers use crimps , and i'd bet the same amount of international anglers too.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Crimps are better IMO , and dont weaken the line in my experience , use needle nose pliers to crimp them and if done right they are slightly adjustable . Probably 95% of match anglers use crimps , and i'd bet the same amount of international anglers too.

I was with a load of em on Sunday and I don't reckon they do Chiefbeef.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.