World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished west beach at silloth this morning 2hours down 1hour back up got afew little knocks but think it was just crabs. So thought have drive down to Whitehaven as there was a canny bit may weed coming in on the rigs.
Got to Whitehaven 1110am set 2 rods my Excalibur with pulley rig with Bluey and squid and my kompressor with 2 hook flapper with rag tipped with mackerel. When I seen the size of the dabs aye just stuck at it with Bluey and squid was reward with my pb thorn back 9lb 12

Attachments

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a cracking Thornback George, good on ya fella:thumbsup:
From what I can see of the background it looks a very nice place to fish...Are you casting in to deep water there?
Think so only fished it about 6 times, going trying get spur dog next, excuse Togo up Scotland to Loch Etive.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Aye in the winter it’s great plenty cod around all year round, got to really hit the boats this time of year. But you can still get red Kelpys this time of year in the kelp beds traveled over 200mile yesterday to get that thorn back . Now wondering closet place to catch small eyed Ray, hounds are starting to turn up aswel as the tope so thinking of going on the lucky dip 2 out port Patrick.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Few clubs had a match on there last week and it was free of weed, I prefer to fish the chanel at tommy legs over low and high water just as you walk on west beach, nice deep water there. But good to see your trip not wasted mate.

Reactions: Bykerfisher

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cracking thornie George mate. But please don't wear socks with sandals, especially not ones with fluorescent orange toes :)
Think I should of worn them today went up to beadnell and blanked lol but not complain have to get wor lass wash my lucky socks.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.