World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpg image.jpg I went to the bait shop for some peelers yesterday and bluey and the were out of both. So it was to plan B and use the frozen peelers I already had in freezer for cod season late in year. Thought might aswel get couple of Rag and lug had no lug thought what kind of fishing shop is this. So end up with 2 Rag that's what the shop on byker like lol hopeless no wonder generally use a couple down coast. Picked conger11 Jamie up at 830pm and set off for the drive took a about 1hr45m. So we got to silloth set my kompressor up with 2 hook flapper and greys rod up with pulley pennel rig. So put the frozen crab on pulley and Rag tipped with mackerel on the flapper. Start see my greys rod twitching then decided that's a knock brought it in little dab blanks off. So the pressure of can enjoy my self but it was dead bait was getting hammered off the crab, the weed was a nightmare and wind picked right up. Then about hour before hightide Jamie reel start to scream me he'd got a smoothie,in 7lb smoothound. So 1-1 each even know I'm abit shamed smoothie to a dab. 10 mins before packing up got my first ever doggie, so was buzzing just to finally get one'as we don't really get that many in northeast,less go to craster. Got home 530am this morning so just woke up after having a kip. Hopefully we get in to some down Skegness next week.

·
Registered
659 Posts
it a common smoothie mate still a pb though
DSCF9876.JPG

·
Registered
30 Posts
another good report bykerfisher...would love to get amongst the smoothies myself...seems Skegness the hotspot at the minute....good luck at skeggy look forward to reading your report....tight lines m8

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
George have u tried a smoothound m8 i just learn,t they taste quite good u clean same as dogfish, ive not tried myself yet but will soon. Good days fishing m8 well done all happy fishing im up on thursday will text to see what dy is good for you ok cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts