World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok (and don't laugh!). :roll1: Monday morning Stephen and I are planning to have a crack at the newly reopened South Parade pier, to see if we can't smuggle an early big bass or two into our cool box. :fish:

Either way, we are then going to pack up at lunch time, head for the New Forest, meet up with our good friend Robbie (who will have worked nights), catch the ferry to Hurst Castle......and then fish the night there!! Interesting plan.....not all my idea, but it might just provide a catch report.....who knows ??? Not sure when sleep is going to feature either, but hey, if you're not in it and all that!!

I promise there will be no stealth blank......I will share with all!! :secret:

Wish us luck (please!!)

Andy. :clap2:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Sounds like a good day planned to me, hope all goes well and I might bump into you on the pier!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Ok (and don't laugh!). :roll1: Monday morning Stephen and I are planning to have a crack at the newly reopened South Parade pier, to see if we can't smuggle an early big bass or two into our cool box. :fish:

Either way, we are then going to pack up at lunch time, head for the New Forest, meet up with our good friend Robbie (who will have worked nights), catch the ferry to Hurst Castle......and then fish the night there!! Interesting plan.....not all my idea, but it might just provide a catch report.....who knows ??? Not sure when sleep is going to feature either, but hey, if you're not in it and all that!!

I promise there will be no stealth blank......I will share with all!! :secret:

Wish us luck (please!!)

Andy. :clap2:

And next weekend you could invade Poland.

G

·
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll pootle up to the pier on Mon.; but HW is 5pm 'ish.
But, best fishing on the jetty is 3 hrs before and 2 hrs after ....

Ada
Hmmm......Very interesting you should say that mate. :g: Last year 95% of our bass that were caught in daylight hours came 3 hours either side of low (with a majority of those in the 3 hours after); that said.......we were using 'live' wrasse and pollack, I wonder if that made a difference?! :g:

Interestingly, we never had a single bass on live bait after dark (hence my post towards the end of last year 'Anyone had any luck catching bass on livebaits after dark?' We did, however, do well after dark on bottom baits around high water (hell, I even had my last decent codling (3lb) on rag and squid after dark there in mid August!!)lol.

All interesting stuff Ada.........We'll have to wait and see what this year holds.

Regards.

Andy. :)

·
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And next weekend you could invade Poland.

G
Actually...............Next week we are invading Dorset (closer and less resistance LOL!!) :victory: Roll on the much publicised Dorset Dogfish Derby!! lol. West Bexi...here we come :boxing:

All the Best.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good luck lads,sounds like its going to be a great session,let us all know how you get on.

tight lines , kjp.:thumbs:

·
Registered
489 Posts
sounds like your gonna have a good crack, hope your day is succesfull

tight lines
rich

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Hmmm......Very interesting you should say that mate. :g: Last year 95% of our bass that were caught in daylight hours came 3 hours either side of low (with a majority of those in the 3 hours after); that said.......we were using 'live' wrasse and pollack, I wonder if that made a difference?! :g:

Interestingly, we never had a single bass on live bait after dark (hence my post towards the end of last year 'Anyone had any luck catching bass on livebaits after dark?' We did, however, do well after dark on bottom baits around high water (hell, I even had my last decent codling (3lb) on rag and squid after dark there in mid August!!)lol.

All interesting stuff Ada.........We'll have to wait and see what this year holds.

Regards.

have had bass on livebait at night,but have more success at night from a good scented bait,bass are like flounders and plaice in daylight...sight feeders,night and coloured water best use a gooooooooooooood sniffy bait.
a.c. you've got sp sussed....best time for biggies is over low as near to the pub door as allowed....livebait.....pout/pollack(catch pout thro the grids on boat deck)

forgot to mention...downtide of the flow.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Well good luck andy me ole mate, hope the fish come for you buddy. Sounds like a good days frolicking about. He who dares rodney, he who dares!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I just logged on to post a question about Portsmouth & Southsea fishing this coming w/e and saw this.
Am I right in concluding that SP pier is closed UNTIL Monday morning?
Cheers for clarification

PS I'll post the other thread anyway called "Portsmouth & Southsea shore fishing Sun 22nd"

·
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just logged on to post a question about Portsmouth & Southsea fishing this coming w/e and saw this.
Am I right in concluding that SP pier is closed UNTIL Monday morning?
Cheers for clarification

PS I'll post the other thread anyway called "Portsmouth & Southsea shore fishing Sun 22nd"
Sorry mate.....missed your post. The pier is open as of last Monday.

Apologies for not getting the info to you sooner.

Andy.

·
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well.............Trip is ON, weather and wind looking good; I feel like a kid going to bed on Christmas eve!! lol :clap2:

Soooooo looking forward to this.

Regards to all.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Well.............Trip is ON, weather and wind looking good; I feel like a kid going to bed on Christmas eve!! lol :clap2:

Soooooo looking forward to this.

Regards to all.

Tight lines and remember a Scorpion fish off the last cast only just counts as a avoiding a blank. Lol.

H

1 - 13 of 13 Posts