World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Gas Rectangle Metal Signage
Hi I have a brand new box of Saltwater Special Sea Beast Hooks. These hooks are in a box of 25 and chemically sharpened. They are made and supplied by partridge of redditch.
Has anyone heard of these and are they any good. I have tried to gain information on them but I don't believe they sell them to the public and have struggled to get any info on them. Can anyone advise me on above and what they retail at please. Many thanks

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Hi are you looking to sell them then? there made in Singapore and are the dogs dagglies ive few boxes in 4/0's in few types as did one for pennels there around £5 ish in most maybe bit more as bigger

·
Registered
22,148 Posts
View attachment 318511 Hi I have a brand new box of Saltwater Special Sea Beast Hooks. These hooks are in a box of 25 and chemically sharpened. They are made and supplied by partridge of redditch.
Has anyone heard of these and are they any good. I have tried to gain information on them but I don't believe they sell them to the public and have struggled to get any info on them. Can anyone advise me on above and what they retail at please. Many thanks
:) I had some input to them and reviewed them for the SAN. 6/0, 8/0 & 10/0 only, brilliant hooks I was talking Shakepeare into doing them in barbless and 4/0, 12/0 & 14/0 but the number crunchers vetoed me, said they wouldn't be economic. They were made by Partridge and marketed through Shakespeare but when Pure Fishing took them over they went, can't think why because PF don't have anything that competes with them. I did hear that they were going to be marketed by the firm that markets Mustad gear but I haven't heard any more. I've got a few boxes of 6/0 and 8/0 and about 10 boxes of 10/0 and they're not for sale. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the great replies as usual thanks all. I don't really use hooks of that size and every time I post something on here for advice I end up finding out the item is top notch and putting them away in cupboard. I did think of selling them but may just sit on them now.

·
Registered
22,148 Posts
Thanks for all the great replies as usual thanks all. I don't really use hooks of that size and every time I post something on here for advice I end up finding out the item is top notch and putting them away in cupboard. I did think of selling them but may just sit on them now.
:) Use them for those "special fish". I love them for conger, common skate, blonde rays, tope and anything else that puts a bend in my rod, would still have loved them in 4/0, 12/0 and 14/0 and a barbless option. Surely as Partridge make them they must still be available somewhere as Partridge aren't owned by PF. ;)

·
Registered
22,148 Posts
:) I had some input to them and reviewed them for the SAN. 6/0, 8/0 & 10/0 only, brilliant hooks I was talking Shakepeare into doing them in barbless and 4/0, 12/0 & 14/0 but the number crunchers vetoed me, said they wouldn't be economic. They were made by Partridge and marketed through Shakespeare but when Pure Fishing took them over they went, can't think why because PF don't have anything that competes with them. I did hear that they were going to be marketed by the firm that markets Mustad gear but I haven't heard any more. I've got a few boxes of 6/0 and 8/0 and about 10 boxes of 10/0 and they're not for sale. :)
:):) Good news! The Sea Beast and Meat Hooks have been bought from Mustad by a British company and will be on sale later in the year, probably by the end of the summer. I have asked if there's any chance of more sizes and a barbless version, I await a reply. :):)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.