World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i give sizewell a bash as it bin a long time from my last visit. Got their about 2.30pm very dull wind blowing from the s/w sea flat few waves had a dark brown colour to it.
Got me 1st rod sea me 2nd up then got my 1st fish of the day 26cm rockling other rod i lost 2 sets of gear but by movin 10 yards up the beach it was fine no tackle loss.
After a quick down poor 4 15mins i pulled me in rod and had a codling at 1lb 2oz got to 5.30 pm had nothing 4 a hour thingsdidnt look good along came more rain and then me rod went down relly hard and pulled myself in a 3lb 4oz codling. Along wiv a few more codling all under 1lb .
Stop raining about 6.45 got to high water then had a couple of eels 1 of them making lose a rig.
On the ebb for the 1st hour i was feeding the crabs and went down to 1 rod still fighting with the crabs a got 6 more codling 1 at 1lb 5oz and the others just under the lb mark.
Got to 10pm and i was out of peelers which was the best bait of the day having tried lug rag squid so i called it a day .

10 cod
2 eels
1 rockling

midi

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
sounds like a decent session again matey :) well done on the codling! - its getting late now i spose for them now. good report again! Josh :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well done on another good session:) . From following the recent reports, extra congratulations on the 3lb 4oz fish:clap2: , as Josh says, a pretty good capture for the time of year (or any time of year in my opinion). I've never fished Sizewell, but I recall a year or two ago that it fished outstandingly for dabs (numbers, not size); were you expecting to still catch codling, or did you have any other target species in mind?

Anyway, thanks again for a great report, best of luck for next time.

Shortcaster

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shortcaster was going to see if their were any bass or flattys but wiv the warm weather we had when the crabs started to peel the cod were still here so they may stay around.

i be down thorpeness friday nite so we c wot that brings.

i have pictures but i cant get them on here must be doing sumthing wrong not to good with computers .

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Well done Midi, got session and report. know what you mean about posting pictures - i struggle too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts