World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am fairly new to sea fishing.

I am hoping to go down to Sizewell on Friday and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on the venue, baits, rigs etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi,

I am fairly new to sea fishing.

I am hoping to go down to Sizewell on Friday and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on the venue, baits, rigs etc.

Cheers
hi suffolker welcome to the site mate best bait at the moment looking at most of the reports seems to be lug, with sizewell you stand the chance of a sole/bass flounders
with the sole try using french booms with short hook lengths and size 2 or 4 hooks and cast between 20-50 yards out
bass can be caught on straight lug using something like a two hook flapper rig with 1/0,s
hope this helps a little

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi suffolker,

Totally agree with above try about 100-200 yds right of the boats if you dont want to walk to far.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Avoid 100 to 150 yards left of the tower. I snagged and lost 6 lots of tackle there last week.

Plenty of small Bass about a few Eels and the odd Sole. Lug seem to be the best bet at the moment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fished about 3 hours this afternoon, lugworm bait. Lost 3 lots of gear and didn't seem to get any interest from the fish. 3rd blank in a row...

·
Registered
740 Posts
well come suffolker,shame about the blankers! coolboxx got it spot on!, but try at night to beta ya chances & ragworm cast short, hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts