World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get another rod at the end of the month.

Currently I have a RT axcelerator.

I'm looking at SK4's and the six&bait.

13.6 or 13 ft.

Any advice?

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
6 + baits are nice blanks but the guides are very small and easily broken if knocked, why not buy another Axe then you have a matching pair,

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
If you want good bite detection and a good caster why not consider a Daiwa Supercast? they are getting cheaper if you look around,

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Another vote for the Leeda Icon Power. Think of your RT with a fishing tip and you wont be far off. I love mine and i've only used it twice :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a an sk4 13.6 4-6oz loved it so much i bought another :bleh: quite a stiff rod but you get used to it, find it great for the channel, doesn't bend silly in the tow, shows bite indication easily and can throw out a 6oz lead + squid a long way.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've held both in the shop. Both feel good. Both nice and strong, both same price. :g:

Leaning towards 6&bait.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
6+baits are nice rods so don't be put off by my comment about the guides, if you are a careful guy I'm sure they will be ok, I'm looking for another and will put Minima 4's on them when I have a pair,I like them because they are nice slim blanks with good tips plus extra grunt if needed as they can cast upto 8oz no problem

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'd go with the six and bait mate,but in that price range if you are looking for something for roughish ground then the Daiwa Supercast RGM takes some beating,lots of backbone but still has excellent bite detection.

·
Registered
227 Posts
six and bait mk2. brilliant rods. had my 1st one about 7 months now and got my second 2 months ago. you wont be dissapointed. just look after those guides as mentioned and they will be great.

good luck

G

·
Six and bait 14ft multi had it 3 mnths now and used it regularly and love it--I had a Sonik sk3 before but this rod beats it handsdown--see if your tackle shop will let you try before you buy--Gerry,s of Morecambe will so others might,worth a try before you spend mate.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I'd go with the six and bait mate,but in that price range if you are looking for something for roughish ground then the Daiwa Supercast RGM takes some beating,lots of backbone but still has excellent bite detection.
I use my RG Supercasts even on clean beaches, last night went after Whiting and even the tiddler's bite's showed up ok, I got my pair second hand for £150, they are hard to find now, the 6+ baits are nice rods but the Supercasts are better built

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
If you can find a pre 2011 one go for it as much cheaper than the new model which is exactly the same rod but new graphics, they are better rods than the 6+bait , they cast 6-7oz and a huge bait no problem and the tips sit well in even very rough seas, they have plenty of power and might give your back a jault at first untill you get used to them,they have Fuji bnhg guides, even the rod bags are quality compared to the afaws

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I finally bought a new rod.

I got a diawa supercast rgm.

It was an absolute bargain so it was a Christmas present for myself

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.