World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick report,i had a couple of hours fishing on sheppy this evening,the only bait i had in my freezer was makerel and squid that i caught at the squid champs,so armed with this i set off to sheppy sailing club.
I set about putting two rods out both at distance using a flowing trace tucked into a device with a single hook.
I didnt have to wait to long for a little pull down on the first rod signaling a ray had landed on the bait,i gave it a couple of minutes to munch the bait and as it moved off i lifted the rod,fish on and it felt good in the little tide that there was.
I soon had this one at the bottom of the beach a lad next to me by the name of george not sure if he is on the forum walked down the beach and lifted it from the surf,a good fish of around 8lb hit the beach.
After dropping the next two fish i connected with another ray and this one went around 6lb,so all in all not a bad couple of hours despite the wind and rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
nice one paul good to hear about something other than mackies and bass!!!!

see you on sunday bud

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
get ready for the charge of the rod brigade lol,nice one paul:headhurt:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Excellent - well done.

:clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
nice one mate. the wind has put an end to our chesil trip this week so a couple of us are heading down the island tomoz, not sure where yet though.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Nice one Paul, excellent result there:thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
nice one paul if anybody else is going to this venue please check that paul has left plenty of timber and cheldy supplies.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice one paul if anybody else is going to this venue please check that paul has left plenty of timber and cheldy supplies.
i used up the resources Den so you will have to take your own mate lol.
Ijust had a wing for my tea it was perfect.:thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
i used up the resources Den so you will have to take your own mate lol.
Ijust had a wing for my tea it was perfect.:thumbs:
Glad you got something to eat now, me and Eddie have been eatin Skate all month all cooked on the Cheldea rubber tyre grill.

P.S. hope you have saved a wing for :drunk:Ray Marter

·
Registered
392 Posts
Paul we fished last night where you fished. We got loads........................of ting!!

Yay the whiting are in.....:wallbash:

when will i get a bl**dy ray...:doh:

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Paul we fished last night where you fished. We got loads........................of ting!!

Yay the whiting are in.....:wallbash:

when will i get a bl**dy ray...:doh:
didnt see one ting the other night mark just rays.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts