World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi hows the skate fishing going in the firth oh lorne just now coming up for the weekend on a charter for 2 days cheers :fishing:

the fox:fish:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
24 views , and only suiddy reply before mine , thats your answer :fishing:
75 views .......... so its fishing crap then , awell pub it is lol

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
the fish are there m8 i think you just have to be there on the lucky day not fished oban since early in the year and next trip theres not till october unless anything else crops up, hope yous have a good day anyway and look forward to your report, mackeral and giant squid have been my best baits of any recent trips.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
dinnie ken wit like up yonder, but there nae big flatties in the inner solway

see that you loons have a good wan

:wiggle:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I'm trying to track down some octopus for the weekend
a mate of mines gets his octos from morrisons i get my giant squid from the golden trawler {chinese fishmonger} they have everything about a mile along the road from the gac last squid i used caught 6 skate frozen and defrosted 3 times so works out good value only lost it because i dropped it over the side last trip out or it could have been catching yet need to stock up again i dont really bother how fresh the bait is stinking mackeral and squid still do the buisness

·
Registered
736 Posts
a mate of mines gets his octos from morrisons i get my giant squid from the golden trawler {chinese fishmonger} they have everything about a mile along the road from the gac last squid i used caught 6 skate frozen and defrosted 3 times so works out good value only lost it because i dropped it over the side last trip out or it could have been catching yet need to stock up again i dont really bother how fresh the bait is stinking mackeral and squid still do the buisness
The Chinese supermarket is exactly where I was planning on going. Will be fresh squid though. I do have plenty mankie squid for spurries but only small stuff. If I don't find any I'll take the small stuff and put some up the snood.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
The Chinese supermarket is exactly where I was planning on going. Will be fresh squid though. I do have plenty mankie squid for spurries but only small stuff. If I don't find any I'll take the small stuff and put some up the snood.
this isnt the one next door to gac, the squid they sell can be up to 3ft long and fresh not frozen just pick out the size you want i usually get them about 1ft-2ft and trim off the straggly bits.

·
Registered
736 Posts
this isnt the one next door to gac, the squid they sell can be up to 3ft long and fresh not frozen just pick out the size you want i usually get them about 1ft-2ft and trim off the straggly bits.
It's the one in Dundee, not be in in ages so not sure what they. Will find out before the weekend though.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats some size oh squid will try the chinese super market and see what they have,but got a dozen good sized collies that done the biz last time out.

cheers frankie.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:nerd:

never mind a bigger boat, i'll need tae get a BOAT "LOL"
still one space left on the suday if you fancy it malky
save you getting a boat lol

frankie.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Our trip out from Oban was cancelled last saturday morning due to skippers ill health (Hope you are feeling better Ronnie), but from what he told us the day before, the skate had been few and far between in the sound of Mull this year, with each trip averaging one fish. He said more fish were being caught on the distant marks but this involved a 3 - 4 hour sail to reach them, and the same to get home (ie little time left for the fishing)
Dont know if this helps

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
still one space left on the suday if you fancy it malky
save you getting a boat lol

frankie.
:sad:

wrong time of the month for me, teats to pull and all that, if it had been ma weekend off then i think i would have said "aye"

:bye2:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

wrong time of the month for me, teats to pull and all that, if it had been ma weekend off then i think i would have said "aye"

ok mally you play with your tits oh i mean teats
tight lines frankie.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

ok mally you play with your tits oh i mean teats
tight lines frankie.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Our trip out from Oban was cancelled last saturday morning due to skippers ill health (Hope you are feeling better Ronnie), but from what he told us the day before, the skate had been few and far between in the sound of Mull this year, with each trip averaging one fish. He said more fish were being caught on the distant marks but this involved a 3 - 4 hour sail to reach them, and the same to get home (ie little time left for the fishing)
Dont know if this helps
hi,ronnie was out on saturday mate ,it must have been donald that cancelled which is very unusual for any of them to cancel due to anything but the weather-anyway

some good fish caught today up to 191lbs so encouraging for your weekend trip lads,very best of luck -bait all organised and raring to go,hope you get some biggies:fishing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts