World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i fish at huttoft car terrace on a weekly basis ,and there have been some good cod coming out over these last few weeks.
the fish i and others have caught have been about the 3lb too 7lb mark .
the fish that have been caught have been very close in and have been caught on a variety of baits.
the main bait is of course lugworm ,and they have surrendered too makeral,razorfish aswell.
the guy who chucks short as a verygood chance of catching them.
no long casts where needed as the fish was in a gulley under your nose.
these last few weeks have seen the capture of what was described as a garfish being caught(around 7inch long).
still waiting too see the pics.
there have been a odd bass caught,myself catching a lovely 3lb fish.
big flatties have also come out ,with some good whiting.
the terrace is becoming a friendly place too fish since it was taken over by a private firm.
there are snacks available with icecream also up there ,the carpark is now run away from the councils control and is getting a great place too fish.
anyone coming fishing for the day can bring the rest of the family and all enjoy!!!.
the toilets are kept clean and in the summer months there are plans for activities for the kids.
the snack van that will be there is run by rob he,s a great guy and the chance for a brew before fishing(including a chat to other fisherman about the area)is fab.
hope too see you all down there.
keep smiling
ian
OFF NOW TO GET READY FOR THE TRIP DOWN!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
:) are there any other good spots you could recommend around skeggy,if so i would gratefull if you could let me know, thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiya m8
there are some good places too fish around the skeggy area.
try too keep too the stretch inbetween chapel and sandilands ,because they are less busy this time of year.
try moggs eye - marshyard (anderby creek is where they are pumping sand back on the beaches) - chapel point - sandilands -wolla bank -six marshes - etc.
they areall producing some good fishing at the moment.
there was word of a ray being caught this weekend.
and there is still some cod coming out.
cya there.
keep smiling
ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts