World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished from 3 till 7.30 with dazza d and my brother. only took uptiders/bass rods to fish the gulley for bass. no good for a while so cast straight out and within 5 mins reeled in a conger of 8lb on sandeel and squid. went to cast out again and my rod snapped :yucky: 1st time using it , shakespeare salt uptider.
so it was back to the gulley , had a couple of knocks and my bro had a pouting , but it got really rough so we called it a day. #

·
Banned
613 Posts
cheers lads, bought the rod as second hand but it had a never been used doubt there is much i can do about it
its worth a try mate, they can tell buy the snap if it was a weak blank and will replace it if it is.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Well done on the conger :clap: unlucky on the rod though

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Used it Saturday for the first time for dabs off the boat, 3rd time of reeling in a 2oz weight & a dab the gears stripped! woe, woe, & thrice woe, still I suppose when you expect something good for next to nothing, you get something thats good for next to nothing:yawn:
I would have thought it would have lasted longer than 3 dabs though even Fladen should have done a dozen before it went tits up!:whistling:

·
Registered
314 Posts
As said, unlucky on the rod, but well done with the conger matey!

Manx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts