World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the bleeding heck is skare (if its even spelled like that). I heard its a good ray mark???

Can someone send me a google earth pic or even give me some information on it.

Apparently its miles away from anything. Before I go walking I wanna know I am not going to find a semi sand buried statue of liberty and a small country ruled by apes.
If I do I'll know that some how I have walked to far and ended up in Llanelli.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Where the bleeding heck is skare (if its even spelled like that). I heard its a good ray mark???

Can someone send me a google earth pic or even give me some information on it.

Apparently its miles away from anything. Before I go walking I wanna know I am not going to find a semi sand buried statue of liberty and a small country ruled by apes.
If I do I'll know that some how I have walked to far and ended up in Llanelli.

Cheers
I'm gonna tell Paid4 what you said!:whistling:

·
Registered
182 Posts
hi fynn, fished it for the first time last summer.parked in kenfig nature reserve car park and walked down through the dunes,a good 1/2 hr.arrived at low water so retreated from end of headland towards beach,had one tremendous bite that pulled rod over breaking the rest,it came off close to the rocks.
I did not know if it was possible to stay on the rocks so made my way to the beach,ended up a good move as i caught 4 bass of about 16 inches all released.also managed to sneak a large spider crab into my brothrs rucksack,he nearly had a fit on the way back to the car.
the walk was definately worth it.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
A hell of a walk but sometimes worth it!

Fished there a few times over the years......i had my 1st ray off the shore down there when I was about 16......a thornback of 5lb odd!

A mate of mine from work had a good session there a few summers ago casting close in with crab he had 3 bass to 6lb.

when i've fished there I've fished off the front of the rocks over low water (large v shaped gulley) then moved over to the other side of the rocks and fished off the rocks in towards the beach as the tide floods.

i usually park in the golf club car park and walk down through the golf course
hope this helps

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fished there last Friday and blanked. :unsure:

I fished a float rod in the gulley at low water with sand eel as bait. I was going to use peeler crab but my semi retarded friend dropped the bait elastic down a rock fissure before my first cast. :blink: I also fished deep with squid and sand eel.

My mate had a doggy :notworthy . In all honesty I got too tempted by the ledges to skers east and decided to fish them and work my way over to the small beach near rest bay.

Anyone fished these ledges before, as the tide came in it was almost like a small cleaner, less smelly deeps.

The walk was bugger all, ya wussies.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't worry about the date the more info I can get on the area the better.

Seems like in that short area of coast line theres quite alot of options for fishing. I did start to worry about how the tide flows in around those rocks though and had to run back and forth a few times to check we wernt getting cut off.

And we did get chased by a bull as we crossed a field, that was my fault though i mooed at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts