World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to Skjervoy this year yet or seen amy reports? We are travelling out on the 19th, just wondering how its fishing at the moment. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,113 Posts
Yeah you get it all on Facebook, what they caught, what they had for breakfast, what time they had a sh!t, etc etc and you get to have your personal details hacked as a bonus. :thumbsup:

Good old Facebook ..... well worth avoiding. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
12,495 Posts
Yes totally agree. But the funny thing is that you can several groups of anglers at the SAME venue fishing the SAME areas using the SAME methods. and have Different reports. Have had reports given to me by guys that are fishing the venue the week before Saying go here/do this etc But it is rarely the same when you get there.

Nothing is set in stone And as long as you can get out in good weather Its better than working imho.

How many times have you been mate.?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I agree, most things are better than working and if its fishing its a bonus. I went for the first time last year, a few of the lads have been a few times. What about yourself? Are you going this year at all?

·
Registered
12,495 Posts
Yeah I agree, most things are better than working and if its fishing its a bonus. I went for the first time last year, a few of the lads have been a few times. What about yourself? Are you going this year at all?
Yes mate going to Skjervoy again for the 8th time this August. Will be my 12th trip to Northern norway boat fishing.

Have been there with some Excellent anglers with more knowledge than I. Always learning and enjoying.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It is my 8th trip this year - always had a good time, even if we had a spot of bad weather; but you usually get at least a couple of days decent.
Probably my last trip as previously stated - dont know if my hands will be any good after this.
We are out 31st July - 7th August - tackle almost packed :)

Just out of interest; and I have never seen it mentioned. Quite a few times we have been out on the boat and it is quite cool then all of a sudden you get a warm breeze appears from nowhere. So warm you end up having to take half your clothes off. It lasts a couple of hours and then goes away again. First time I though the boat was on fire. Anyone else experienced this strange phenomenon?

Regards
Norman

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yes totally agree. But the funny thing is that you can several groups of anglers at the SAME venue fishing the SAME areas using the SAME methods. and have Different reports. Have had reports given to me by guys that are fishing the venue the week before Saying go here/do this etc But it is rarely the same when you get there.

Nothing is set in stone And as long as you can get out in good weather Its better than working imho.

How many times have you been mate.?

It's called fishing :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It is my 8th trip this year - always had a good time, even if we had a spot of bad weather; but you usually get at least a couple of days decent.
Probably my last trip as previously stated - dont know if my hands will be any good after this.

Just out of interest; and I have never seen it mentioned. Quite a few times we have been out on the boat and it is quite cool then all of a sudden you get a warm breeze appears from nowhere. So warm you end up having to take half your clothes off. It lasts a couple of hours and then goes away again. First time I though the boat was on fire. Anyone else experienced this strange phenomenon?

Regards
Norman
Yes you can be fishing in T shirt with a lovely southern breeze next thing wind changes then it's putting all your gear back on again quick time o_O

·
Registered
827 Posts

Regards
Norman
Have experienced it few times, think it’s where air gets trapped in the smaller fjords and warms up then wind changes direction and blows it out the fjord it was in.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Don't forget to put up your reports lads. I've been Skerjvoy twice and loved it. Done lofoten last year and havouysund this year probs going back to Skerjvoy 2020 now they have improved the boats.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The weather is quite a pain in the neck in the north right now and has been for a few weeks. last time I was out I was on the other side of my island, and had to
pack up early and go home as I only had summer tyres on my car, and it started to snow in the hills I had to cross to get home.
In finnmark it laid the ground white, and road crews had to go an clear the roads. Next week we look at the same wet and windy weather, but temps are going up to double figures celcius, so no more hail, sleet and snow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts