World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky. Discovery real time 10.30pm. John Wilson is fishing for shark out of milford haven. Should be interesting.:)

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Sky. Discovery real time 10.30pm. John Wilson is fishing for shark out of milford haven. Should be interesting.:)
Hi congaqueen john wilson was fishing white water when he made the film it was in 2006 he hired the boat for a week but after just 3 days they had all the filming they need tight lines:clap3:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi congaqueen john wilson was fishing white water when he made the film it was in 2006 he hired the boat for a week but after just 3 days they had all the filming they need tight lines:clap3:
Hi Gar, you got it just a bit wrong mate, the boat was hired for two days, they caught all the sharks on film on the first day and actually came in a bit early. On the second day they just filmed a few minutes in the haven, boat leaving port etc

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
I take it as written that someone put out burley for ten days , three hours on each tide before the "Great .... laughing .... man " condescended to come and " show us locals how to catch fish in the local waters then ????

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
ho, ho, ho ,ho mr gould. Could you possibly be insinuating that Mr Wilson isn't all he's cracked up to be????? I agree, have heard too many rumours that mr wilson prety much stuffs a swim before filming for the old cameras. No wonder he's chuckling his tits off!!!!!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
got to admit,i cant watch him!hate the bloke,ha ha ha ha ha and then he sticks his f*cking tongue out!god id like to see him trip over and bite the bugger off!!!!!!!anyway,rant over.i think guys,if you do a serch theres been a few threads done on mr (pr!ck)wilson.all saying the same thing P!SS OFF you bearded freak!p.s. id love his job though!!!!!lol

G

·
got to admit,i cant watch him!hate the bloke,ha ha ha ha ha and then he sticks his f*cking tongue out!god id like to see him trip over and bite the bugger off!!!!!!!anyway,rant over.i think guys,if you do a serch theres been a few threads done on mr (pr!ck)wilson.all saying the same thing P!SS OFF you bearded freak!p.s. id love his job though!!!!!lol
So I take it you wont be tuning in at 10.30 then :)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He is an ass i must admit. Rather see henry catchin them. Thought it would be interesting though as it was in our local waters. And after all of that i missed it cos i fell asleep.:doh: :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm not usually inclined to enter into heated discussions on forums, but in this case I will.

Firstly I find it very hard that anglers out there who have never met John feel inclined to attack him personally because of, wait for it, a laugh? If thats the worse you can come up with in defense for a dislike of someone, well all I can say is that you are a pretty sad individual.

Secondly, nobody chummed the area or in anyway gave John any special treatment. We had two days booked aboard White Waters and all the fish were caught on the first day. The second day was spent filming in and around Milford Haven. Yes John is a very good, long term personal friend, but this aside I assure you he is one of the most skilled, profficient and experienced anglers in the country. Watch the program objectively and you might actually learn something.

That program will have a significant impact on tourism in south-west Wales, an area which I am sure most of you know is not exactly over blessed with employment opportunities. Ask the local tackle shops, B&B's and other similar establishments what they think of the boost in angling rated tourism in the area in recent years. Like many others, I am sure they will be absolutely delighted that anglers with John's global reputation have managed to find time in what I assure you is a very busy lifeto promote their area.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Dave
He may be the nicest guy in the world, & a long time friend of yours, but he does have some annoying habits on film, his "hoo, hoo, hoo", his "come to Johny", "can we get all these other lines in", the way he insists on wiping the slime off the fish's body to get a better camera shot, & the "shall we put this one back straight away" (but its not straight away), these can, & do, spoil what may be an informative programme!:g:
The rest are equally as bad, "thank your mother for the rabbit" "wagons ho" "thank you very much" the removal/replacement of the sunglasses, the constant fiddling with the baseball cap. Paul Young, who has lost so many fish (& rods) because he will insist on looking to see where the camera is.
Then the inevitable "Matty", who seems to be a very personable chap, but always insists on using a 100 words when 5 will do, whilst the poor fish is gasping in his arms, as he turns it this way & that, & has that daft look on his face like a dog having a ****e!:nonono:
Seeing as we are paying for the privilege of watching them, let us have a dig at their annoying habits, then next time you go to Redwick or Llangenith with them, you can pass on our "constructive criticism" so that they make more watchable films in future;)
blueskip

G

·
I'm not usually inclined to enter into heated discussions on forums, but in this case I will.

Firstly I find it very hard that anglers out there who have never met John feel inclined to attack him personally because of, wait for it, a laugh? If thats the worse you can come up with in defense for a dislike of someone, well all I can say is that you are a pretty sad individual.

Secondly, nobody chummed the area or in anyway gave John any special treatment. We had two days booked aboard White Waters and all the fish were caught on the first day. The second day was spent filming in and around Milford Haven. Yes John is a very good, long term personal friend, but this aside I assure you he is one of the most skilled, profficient and experienced anglers in the country. Watch the program objectively and you might actually learn something.

That program will have a significant impact on tourism in south-west Wales, an area which I am sure most of you know is not exactly over blessed with employment opportunities. Ask the local tackle shops, B&B's and other similar establishments what they think of the boost in angling rated tourism in the area in recent years. Like many others, I am sure they will be absolutely delighted that anglers with John's global reputation have managed to find time in what I assure you is a very busy lifeto promote their area.
Well said mate, theres too much of this sniping on this site - many people would do better to think a little before they post.

I agree the acronims of some of them can be annoying - but - thats their trade mark, love um or hate um - YOU DON'T HAVE TO WATCH!

IMHO you understand.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi Blue Skip. I am all for people having their own opinion, but don't you think calling someone you have never met a "*****" and a "**** off you bearded freak" is a bit beyond the mark, especially when hiding behind the comfort and safety of a computer screen and a forum name?

As a rule I stick up for my friends, and this is what I am doing here.

Dave

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.