World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from a 2 week holiday in Skye. The weather was a bit of a let down and did prevent me from doing more fishing than I'd hoped, but that said, there were still plenty of fish about.
The first few days were too wet to go out in so I set up a couple of crab pots that I bought from flebay. They only lasted a couple of days before being wrecked by the weather, but we managed a few crabs, mostly Brown Crabs and a couple of Velvet Swimmers.

Once the fishing started for real I decided to only use spinners, I've lost too much gear trying to go for the bottom feeders. I managed to get some Mackerel but they seemed to be pretty thin on the ground (or sea), it is the first time I've seen the sea peat coloured though so perhaps it's no surprise.
I decided to change venue to a place out on the west coast that was about a mile walk from the road. The results were pretty outstanding, within 20 minuites I caught this fella,

After this I kept getting bites but I couldn't land them, the buggers would dive for the bottom and you would have needed a crowbar and blow torch to get them out. I've got a lot to learn about landing Pollock.
I went back a few days later and was landing fish with every third or fourth cast,

nothing huge but more than enough to keep me happy. I didn't take pictures of all the fish, we would be here all day if I had. The fish on the towel is different from the other two, can someone id please?

·
Registered
120 Posts
where did you fish? i was in skye last week and caught about a ton of fish, with pollok up to about 5lbs, wrasse, mackies and coalies too.

the fish is a coalie btw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts