World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi dude went down west for a scouting mission today went to horton beach asked a few locals if it was best to park there and walk over to slade.? and like the lads said on here thats the best option
.and looking over horton beach itself it looks like a good mark off the rocks to the far left hand side.
does anyone fish it there ?and is it any good?cos round a bit further is slade bay itself maybe someone on here will let us know mmm? horton looks the bizz to me anyway i'll give it a go in may/june..tightlines andy ilsf....:) :)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The left hand side of Horton(I believe it's called the Cove) is good after a blow,and you can catch bass off the point between Horton and Slade.This is where I first caught bass on plugs.You can fish the gullies here but I don't find them as good as Slade.I've found lots of spider crab peelers/softees here as well in May.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks iloveseafishing i gav it a go in the next week or so do you fish it on mid tide and what rigs and bait mate thanks dude see you soon tight lines
hey dont forget to let me know when you bugger can't have you catching all the crab eh?lol see you soon gary..ilsf..:) :)

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My uncle used to swear by horton as a top bass mark, still fishes their now once in a while, no trips there this year yet though.
to be honest with you it screams bass sand/rocks/gullies etc all that you need and walk arround the point low water is best and your onto slade bay territory i'll be giving it a shot next month for sure.only thing is the parking there is at the mo ok cos there's a car park with a barrier which is closed at night but it is not used at the mo untill end june so get there soon i will be..tightlines andy ilsf...:) :)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
to be honest with you it screams bass sand/rocks/gullies etc all that you need and walk arround the point low water is best and your onto slade bay territory i'll be giving it a shot next month for sure.only thing is the parking there is at the mo ok cos there's a car park with a barrier which is closed at night but it is not used at the mo untill end june so get there soon i will be..tightlines andy ilsf...:) :)
let me no when your going andy ill come down for a session with you tight lines dai:)

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts