World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tides were excellent this morning for a local mark. Set alarm for 0300, alarm went off, did I get up? Thought had hit the snooze button for 5 mins but alas no, had turned it off. Awoke 0630, dam & blast might as well go down, dog needs a walk.
Flogged the mark for an hour for one schoolie, which is pants. Eight seals on the go about 200m out so had missed the fish:( Did see a young cormorant trying to get a decent flounder down it's neck though, was a lovely morning.
Dog beat me he got himself a rabbit, well he got me a rabbit, it's in salt water just now for cooking later.

Family still sleeping think I will suggest a beach trip for 1300 so can get some turbot and give dog a chance to beat me again.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Tides were excellent this morning for a local mark. Set alarm for 0300, alarm went off, did I get up? Thought had hit the snooze button for 5 mins but alas no, had turned it off. Awoke 0630, dam & blast might as well go down, dog needs a walk.
Flogged the mark for an hour for one schoolie, which is pants. Eight seals on the go about 200m out so had missed the fish:( Did see a young cormorant trying to get a decent flounder down it's neck though, was a lovely morning.
Dog beat me he got himself a rabbit, well he got me a rabbit, it's in salt water just now for cooking later.

Family still sleeping think I will suggest a beach trip for 1300 so can get some turbot and give dog a chance to beat me again.

You going for an alternative surf and turf Gus if you hook into a fish.

Jim

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,448 Posts

ha ha great report , done that myself more than once , want to kick yourself when you know you have missed out , just for sleep , fair play to the dog , caught i lot more than some of my mates down here (richard hut hum ) :fishing:
Good luck with the turbot , take one on a plug , seen it can be done :clap:

·
Cod Chaser
219 Posts
gus just watch because there to be a lot of fleas on the rabbits at the mo so have a look on the dog

i do a lot of shooting and my cocker got them so some frontline done the trick

the mixy should start again 'never nice to see'

cheers ian

·
Read Only
14,610 Posts
heres a tip for the most dedicated fisherman, drink about 3 pints of water just before bed, come 3-4 am you will get up without setting an alarm promise, missus gets fed up with the alarm waking her up for me to go fishing this works a treat.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
heres a tip for the most dedicated fisherman, drink about 3 pints of water just before bed, come 3-4 am you will get up without setting an alarm promise, missus gets fed up with the alarm waking her up for me to go fishing this works a treat.
thats a crackin idea mate ,i struggle to go to sleep early so struggle to rise.probably why ive never got into bass fishing due to the early starts required.
cheers rab

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
gus just watch because there to be a lot of fleas on the rabbits at the mo so have a look on the dog

i do a lot of shooting and my cocker got them so some frontline done the trick

the mixy should start again 'never nice to see'

cheers ian
once saw a flea leap into a scotsmans dram of single malt. the wee chap grabbed the flea by the scruff. he was still there when we left the pub, screaming " SPIT IT OOT - SPIT IT OOT", but i digress. nice one gus, ---- even better the wee dog. :clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I do that all the time! Im in a right pickle.....i love fishing but i love sleep........what do i do!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I do that when im working nights (like now) Nothing worse though thean when your tired and the kids come running in the room and jump on you!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done to the pooch on the catch. I take it he's not a C&R type?
Usually he gets them, brings them, and I despatch them, in this case slightly different. Rabbit was about 7ft below the path, he sprung off the path and landed square on it with front paws..........snapped it, picked it up brought it back.
His best effort to date has been a skylark taken on the wing as it rose, it was unmarked and flew off after he gave it to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts