World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After nearly slipping off the side of my boat yesterday wheh hit by a freak wave i think i need to put some sort of anti slip coating down the side's of the boat and on the front. Has anyone got any ideas on what is a good product to use. Idealy i'd like something clear
Thanx in advance
Arron

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Paint, throw sand on when wet, then when dry put another coat of paint on top. You can mask off patches to make it look smart. Don't try falling on it though as it will take your skin off. We used this method before the new-fangled anti-slip decking material became available.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish i asked this before i painted the boat but i've just ordered some from Heskins, 4m x120mm £15 thats a bargain,
Thanx Arron

·
Registered
85 Posts
Similar to salars response, but only requires 1 coat. Apply paint, when its tacky sprinkle sugar or salt on it. Once its dried, wash off with warm water to dissolve the sugar or salt.

Works nicely with clear varnish too.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
After nearly slipping off the side of my boat yesterday wheh hit by a freak wave i think i need to put some sort of anti slip coating down the side's of the boat and on the front. Has anyone got any ideas on what is a good product to use. Idealy i'd like something clear
Thanx in advance
Arron
Bit of lateral thinking here - try deck shoes!?!

·
Banned
820 Posts
Paint, throw sand on when wet, then when dry put another coat of paint on top. You can mask off patches to make it look smart. Don't try falling on it though as it will take your skin off. We used this method before the new-fangled anti-slip decking material became available.
Bang on. Best way to do it. No matter what you have on your feet you won't slide.
I think I got that one from Salars site. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts