World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all ive just aquired a slo5h30 multiplyer reel its in good condition but whats it like for beachcasting and whats the best bait for bass cuttle dont seem to work anymore i will be fishing tomorrow night at clarence beach tide is 4.6m and any advice on bass rigs would be helpful thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am not sure what reel the reel is like for casting, but for bassing, my favourite rig is a simle running ledger. Run your Mainline through the eye of a swivel, through a coule of beads and tie the end to another swivel. Attach a lead weight to the free-moving swivel (the one you went through first of all) - I would tend to use a grip lead for this. Tie 3-4 feet of line to the swivel tied on to the end of your mainline, thread one hook onto this line and tie another on the end. The sliding hook can be twisted around the line and through the bait to secure whilst adding another hooking dimension. Might be teaching my grandma to suck eggs, but this is always effective for me and provides direct contact with the fish.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Pompey, the SL30SH is a great reel but probably better suited to rough ground work than clean beaches.

:) KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pompey, the slosh is best suited for winter fishing, and rough ground, the slosh 20 would be more suited for clean ground but its a good strong reel..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts