World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the use and abuse this summer my reel is in need of an overhaul any ideas who or where i could get it done properly?
its going to need all new bearing's as i have been using it on the kayak loads and it screams a big NOOOOO back at you when casting.

Getting ready for the COD mmmmmmm come on the frosts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
After all the use and abuse this summer my reel is in need of an overhaul any ideas who or where i could get it done properly?
its going to need all new bearing's as i have been using it on the kayak loads and it screams a big NOOOOO back at you when casting.

Getting ready for the COD mmmmmmm come on the frosts
I have a very little used one for sale in the classified section of wsf if your interested.

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Have you tried flushing the bearings with meths,or petrol then re-oiling,
My sloshes are over twenty years old and have suffered all the abuse known to man yet the original bearings still run smooth and quiet.
As just mentioned....its quite simple to strip down yourself.
A very uncomplicated reel.
If you like Ill pm you step by step instructions how to do it.....
let me know.

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Here you go....try this.
/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&sqi=2&ved=0CGQQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ultimateangling.co.za%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D35.0&ei=_XV4Tu6uFIrPhAfkk5T7Cw&usg=AFQjCNF_6G58g9D_UNdDmnYe3rRCNFPwRA

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Here you go....try this.
/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&sqi=2&ved=0CGQQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ultimateangling.co.za%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D35.0&ei=_XV4Tu6uFIrPhAfkk5T7Cw&usg=AFQjCNF_6G58g9D_UNdDmnYe3rRCNFPwRA
sorry,link not working,
try googling"changing bearings on sl30sh"
Theres a great pictured step by step strip down instructions on there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i too had a slosh30, great rough ground reel, espesialy down west wales. but it didnt like kayak fishing one bit! consantly getting a ducking saw the end of it. i now use shimano tld stars, and speed masters, they seem to cope better with the salt water and abuse i give them

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for posting help !!!
im going to attempt the impossible and open it up to clean re grease and give it some tender care !!!!!
ive had a look at some boca bearings anyone heard of these ?
lets hope its not a can of worms!!!

Dave

·
Registered
171 Posts
thanks guys for posting help !!!
im going to attempt the impossible and open it up to clean re grease and give it some tender care !!!!!
ive had a look at some boca bearings anyone heard of these ?
lets hope its not a can of worms!!!

Dave
Hoover the floor before you start!
Get yourself a good clean surface to work on (use a tray or something with raised edges),
DO NOT attempt it over a tiled floor cos if you drop anything it will bounce and disappear from time and space (from experience lol)
Take your time
Don't dismantle it and leave it 2 weeks before you try and put it back together (again, from experience)
...and have faith in yourself! Can we fix it... YES WE CAN!:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.