World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a second rod and reel and was thinking about a daiwa slosh30, as i mainly fish rough ground its seems an ok choice, i was just wondering if anyone has any views on this reel concerning ease to cast, durability ect.
i'm pretty new to multiplier reels, and have a penn 525mag at the moment any advice on the slosh30 would be appreciated

·
Registered
633 Posts
Lewis, the SL range of reels have been around for years which is a testament to their popularity. The 30 is an ideal rough ground reel. Pretty much bullet proof. I have a number of 20's and 30's and the only repair necessary has been one spool bearing in over ten years. They cast well also. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
great reel in my opinion the best reel for rough ground u can get,excellent retrive rate at 6.1 u can reel those big cod in no probs at all,it is a very strong reel and should last u alot of years,this is also i think a very easy reel to cast especially when loaded up with 30 or 401b mainline.... ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I own 4 slosh 20's and find them much easier to handle than a 525 mag, the 30 is my next purchase but as mentioned make sure your hands are big enough to go over the spool when casting as when its fully spooled up with line some people cant get there hands completly over the top of it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've used a slosh30 for a few years and no problems whatsoever. It still runs like a dream having been used of the rocks and on my boat. I give it 9 out of 10.

Thought only women have small hands?? :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
one of the best reels it will last a lifetime if you look after it i have had the 20 and the 30 for years and still brill know

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have to agree with everyone else, have a 20 and a 30 - never had any bother.

Only thing to warn you is that if you do buy one they dont come with brake blocks fitted. The blocks are in the box, simple matter of removing left hand end plate and popping the blocks on.

Think the fact that there have been no negative posts regarding this reel speak for itself.

Lee

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
i have a 20 and a 30.the 30 is a great uptide reel and rough ground reel but i prefer the 20 for shore fishing.you will not be dissapointed.

people have mentioned the fact that it is hard to get your thumb tight around the spool but unless you are power casting that isn't really an issue.most rough ground fishing is big baits upto 100 yards so no probs.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just got home from glasgow were i bought a slosh30 and a greys apollo 13ft m2 the slosh is loaded with 25lb mono + i have no probs holding it, hopefully il get out on the field tomorrow to have a few casts before i christen it of the rocks! - thanks for all the replies they were greatly appreciated :D

i never realised the brake blocks wernt in are they the small red and white plastic things?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts